• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ1624 board replacement. Issues with firmware

nicolaspUY

Hi! Nice reaching y'all from South America. I am taking charge of my father's company (so am very new to all this) and we are looking to do a facelift of printers, which some were in bad shape.
We have a Mutoh VJ1624 out of service about a year ago, so we bought new boards and printhead from Digiprint supplies USA (authorized reseller from Mutoh as far as I can see).
I used the MSM (Mutoh Status Monitor) to export parameters from Old board and then replaced it with the new one but can't get it to recognize it in the software, and therefore I can't install the firmware to it. I have been modifying IP's, switching DIP to over-writing firmware, starting it in Board Manager mode but no signs of reading the new board. Has it happened to anyone? Can you advice what could be the issues? Perhaps the MSM is not the software for this? I wasn't able to use the MEA as I don't have any technician access.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help. Hope you can suggest any idea!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Mutoh makes it so you have to use the MSA (Mutoh Service Assistant) to replace boards. It has a technician mode that has a Board Replacement Wizard function. That function pulls everything off the old board, installs the firmware on a the new board, and then uploads the old board's information. That includes the serial number for the machine. If you can't connect to the old board, the Board Replacement Wizard will have you manually input the serial number and it will write it to the board. Without a serial number uploaded from the wizard, it won't let you connect. So basically you need to get your hands on the MSA. Someone here might have it to send to you or you might find it online. Unfortunately I am not allowed to give it out as a dealer. Digi Print might be able to send it to you.

nicolaspUY

Thanks a lot for your detailed reply Solventinkjet! I really appreciate it. I have already tried with Digiprint but didn't provide great help.
If anyone here might help me with access to MSA for this issue, I'd be very greatful. You can reach me here or at nicoprego@gmail.com
Thannks!!