• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ1624 [KCMY] S/C Read Error

0igo

Hi i have a mutoh valuejet 1624 on a bulk in system. today when i went to go put on my machine i got a kcmy s/c read error. i tried switching out the boards but nothing helps. any help to get rid of this error, please?

0igo

Update: Fixed, remove all print cartridges while machine is completely off. Turn printer on without cartridges, wait for a beep sound and insert all of them in and fix.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Update: Fixed, remove all print cartridges while machine is completely off. Turn printer on without cartridges, wait for a beep sound and insert all of them in and fix.

What kind of Mutoh printer do you have? Smart cards for 1624, 1638, 2638 are more troublesome. Smart cards for earlier model are always working. If you are using a bulk ink system, there might be a situation where you will never get it back on "ready to print". Assuming card reader and bulk cartridge are in working condition. From our past experience, customer would buy four brand new eco ultra ink cartridge just to reset the printer. After resetting by eco ultra ink cartridges, bulk ink cartridge should now be working.

0igo

What kind of Mutoh printer do you have? Smart cards for 1624, 1638, 2638 are more troublesome. Smart cards for earlier model are always working. If you are using a bulk ink system, there might be a situation where you will never get it back on "ready to print". Assuming card reader and bulk cartridge are in working condition. From our past experience, customer would buy four brand new eco ultra ink cartridge just to reset the printer. After resetting by eco ultra ink cartridges, bulk ink cartridge should now be working.

im using a valuejet 1624 and yeah when i used the oem ink nothing has gone wrong and nothing was going wrong with the printer till this last week. luckily its just the problem with reading the ink cartridges. print is still great. i prefer the bordeax ink compared to the oem. the smell isnt as bad.

jc30436

Thank you for this, it worked like a charm!!

Hot Vinyl

Hot Vinyl
Thank you for this, it worked like a charm!!
I am having issues with my Mutoh 1204. I just replaced the head about 3 weeks ago and it was working great again. Then on Thursday I noticed that my black had very minimal spots missing but figured I would do a cleaning the next day. I did several cleanings and my black got worse then I lost my magenta. As I was changing my cartridge out the whole printer went dead. It would not come back on. Then I took the power up panel off and tried it and it had power. The problem was it said magenta was out. I tried changing it and then got an kcmy s/c read error. I noticed that the id panel inside for the magenta was broken so I changed that out. I still am not getting past the kcmy s/c read error though. I did change out the panel for the colors behind that sites right above the cartridges. I am wondering if there is any fix to this.

I was using bulk inks should I get original OEM inks and try to reset?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Please help a lady out.

Thank you guys.

DYNAMICGRAPHICS

Dynamic Graphics
this is THE PROBLEM THESE MODELS NEED TO BE RESET TO THINK YOU ARE USING THE OEM MUTOH CARTRIDGES ANY OTHER SMART CARDS WILL CONTINUE TO GIVE YOU THIS ERROR BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH OTHER MODEL SMART CARDS!!!! Smart cards for 1624, 1638, 2638 NEED TO BE OEM.

CALL
Premier Colour, Inc
714-668-9200
www.premiercolour.com
THEY WILL HELP YOU!!!!

Kind regards,
Dynamic Graphics
El Paso TX

Last edited:

Igrajseti

I am having issues with my Mutoh 1204. I just replaced the head about 3 weeks ago and it was working great again. Then on Thursday I noticed that my black had very minimal spots missing but figured I would do a cleaning the next day. I did several cleanings and my black got worse then I lost my magenta. As I was changing my cartridge out the whole printer went dead. It would not come back on. Then I took the power up panel off and tried it and it had power. The problem was it said magenta was out. I tried changing it and then got an kcmy s/c read error. I noticed that the id panel inside for the magenta was broken so I changed that out. I still am not getting past the kcmy s/c read error though. I did change out the panel for the colors behind that sites right above the cartridges. I am wondering if there is any fix to this.

Please help a lady out.

Thank you guys.
Heloo
First check the dampers maybe some of them are not connected well to the head.
Check the capping station, put some cleaning liqid and se if it absorb it.
Check the rubber siling on the cap top maybe is need replace.
Also truy to pull some colors manuall from uder the caaping station, see if it flow good in lines

Maybe pump is blocked.

Kcmy eror brocken cip , you need to put new smart cards on the cartridges.

Also when you use builk ink sistem you need to clean the cartridges often, 3 time in year at least, so the pigment not clogged in lines

Last edited:

DYNAMICGRAPHICS

Dynamic Graphics
Heloo
Also truy to pull some colors manuall from uder the caaping station, see if it flow good in lines

Maybe pump is blocked.

Also when you use builk ink sistem you need to clean the cartridges often, 3 time in year at least, so the pigment not clogged in lines
get original OEM inks and try to reset.
One of your refillable cartridges maybe damaged so it shuts of your printer.
Try pulling some ink with a syringe from your dampers.

hotboxdp

Heloo

Maybe pump is blocked.

Did you ever get this fixed? I have the same issue.

hotboxdp

Please help a lady out.

Thank you guys.

Did you ever fix the error? I'm having the same issue.​