• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh XPJ-661UF - Ink usage

KenR60

Hello All, I have just bought a Mutoh 661 UV Printer, with the 220ml Cartridges. Just wanting to find other users of this Printer to see what you're finding with the amount of ink it uses?

I feel I really need to change from Cartridge to a more Bulk Ink Supply so interested in anyone that has achieved this also.

Thanks in Advance

Sindex Printing

I have the 626uf. I use the cartridges and the ink usage just depends on the art that is getting printed. The only color I go through quick is when I print white.

I have considered going to the adapter and the bag of ink. Just have decided against ink and just stock a couple extra cartridges on hand.

I had to do that on the 1638uh printer because the ink was out of stock in the cartridge and the bag was the only thing available. The adapters can leak so make sure you have replacement seals on hand.(learned the hard way)

KenR60

I have the 626uf. I use the cartridges and the ink usage just depends on the art that is getting printed. The only color I go through quick is when I print white.

I have considered going to the adapter and the bag of ink. Just have decided against ink and just stock a couple extra cartridges on hand.

I had to do that on the 1638uh printer because the ink was out of stock in the cartridge and the bag was the only thing available. The adapters can leak so make sure you have replacement seals on hand.(learned the hard way)
Thanks for your reply, I was told by the place I purchased the Printer from to put it into Sleep Mode and do the Head Maintenance each day when I finish work. Now have been advised NOT to put it in Sleep mode every day as I went through 50% of my ink because of this. So learning the Hard way at the moment :)

Sindex Printing

I never put mine in sleep mode and if it is not in use I change the cleaning to short when not in use. I do my the head maintenance before I start printing for the day so I can visually check nozzle checks before and after daily maintenance. This has help see if a nozzle is missing that it recoves and if it doesn't I can check the capping station and wiper condition.