• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My print keeps coming out about 1/2 in too long????

tooserious

I have a Mimaki JV300 plus and the print is supposed to be 90" long and it comes out about 5/8s over????
It's 90" long. I thought maybe it stretched so I loosened tension on the take up reel turned down the heat and it printed the same way. ANY SUGGESTIONS? :0(

Terry01

Should have asked that tech... after he messed with anything feed related.
Need to calibrate regularly, either changing rolls, changing width or types of media...The tech would have only calibrated it for the media that was in the printer when they were setting the calibration.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Need to calibrate regularly, either changing rolls, changing width or types of media...The tech would have only calibrated it for the media that was in the printer when they were setting the calibration.
True, op was asking how.... Should have had the tech show him how. Is that not a thing?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You can expect to be off in either direction on a print that long by about an 1/8th of an inch so it does seem like something is off. Feed calibration would be the first thing I check but if you're not getting banding in your prints, it's most likely not causing the issue. If you're using the take up, it may need to be adjusted as well. The printer comes with a tool to adjust how hard it pulls. If it's pulling too hard, it can cause this issue as well.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Feed compensation... It doesn't have to be off by much, not even enough to band, but on long runs it adds up. It's in the user menu (either machine setup or maintenance, can't remember which) easy to perform, straight forward how it works, print the test pattern, and simple +/- setting to get the pattern lined up

tooserious

Thank you they told me to adjust the feed comp. I started thinking the tech put in a new head and said he adjusted the Feed comp it was way off. When I tested it it said 0 but I ended up putting -27 we will see???

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Thank you they told me to adjust the feed comp. I started thinking the tech put in a new head and said he adjusted the Feed comp it was way off. When I tested it it said 0 but I ended up putting -27 we will see???
That'll probably do it. We do decals for one customer, and size has to be pretty dead on. Started out having minor size issues, always in the feed direction, then I started checking the feed comp before every run for them, and we have no more issues. Initially ours was off by around the same as yours, and occasionally I have to tweak it slightly. Media, temperatures, and a host of other variables can throw it off slightly.