• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need a plotter...prefer MM

tcorn1965

I am looking for a vinyl plotter, needs to be 40" - 42" wide, and have the ability to read registration marks. I know very little about plotters, so I have no preferences for brand. We currently have 2 now, a mimaki CG-160 fx and a graftec 24". I am also open to good used unit. Will this need software? dumb question. What software is recommended?

Thanks in advance all!

Terry

CS-SignSupply

What software are you using now to drive your current cutters? Will this cutter be added to a different workstation, where you may need additional software?

tcorn1965

The other machine uses fine cut. This plotter (cut only) will be on a different workstation. I have Illustrator CS5, is there a plug-in that can be used with that?

Terry

CS-SignSupply

Seeing as you have the Graphtec 24", what about a Graphtec 48" with the Cutting Master Software that allows you to cut direct from Illustrator?