• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need cabling help

diane143

I have been running a SignJet Pro 1130 off a Mac iBook under Classic for almost 3 years now. I am using the Graphtec Mac din-8 to db25 cable to a db25 - din-8 cable to a Keyspan USA28X adapter. Suddenly I am having problems seeing the adapter in Classic, although it seems the computer can see the adapter in OSX (Tiger). I was using Sign of NCS for Classic. I tried the demo for OSX and nothing happens when I click send.

Unfortunately I do not have software I can use in OSX to test the adapter with. I downloaded Cutting Master last week but it does not install correctly and the person I spoke to at Graphtec was less than helpful. It also does not have drivers for the 1130 and he was not able to tell me which model I should select.

As I am troubleshooting this, is there any reason I cannot get a Din-8 to USB cable made?
Or even go Din-8 to Din-8 into the Keyspan adapter?
Or do a Din-8 to DB9 and then to a Keyspan USA19 adapter (I have two of those that work fine for GPS and Palms)

I have the old cable config that Graphtec sent me and it seems that none of these options were viable back then but 4 years have passed so I'm hoping someone has worked something out.

Tiger's System Profiler sees the adapter. The Keyspan utility sees it in OSX but does not in Classic. So I don't really know which end is up at this point.

I tried to email Neal at Graphtec as he was very helpful when I first bought the cutter but it bounced back to me. I am posting here as he seemed to be active on this forum in the past.

I am planning on stopping by my local dealer where I bought it today, but their support has been horrible over the years so I am not expecting much.

If you have any software suggestions or cable suggestions I can try, I would very much appreciate it!

Thanks,

Diane