• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Graphtec technician fc2250 flatbed

Turnergraphics

I have three FC 2250 flatbed cutters and two are down. Graphtec says call local distributor but they've tried fixing the tool position alarm twice and couldn't fix it. I need a GURU. Any help?

Turnergraphics

The problem seems to change from day to day. It started with suddenly the arms wouldn't read the marks. Then tool position Alarm. Now , during startup the optic eye doesn't even move down as it's going through its startup phase. These machines have plenty of input/output reports. I just don't know how to troubleshoot anything beyond hardware.

Turnergraphics

I think my model is discontinued and parts are hard to get....but I am trying to speak to someone. Waiting for the main office to respond to my recent email.
I thought maybe somebody here knew a Graphtec genius that I could hire. The techs know more about the roll cutters

petit

Of course the model is discontinued and the parts are no longer distributed by Graphtec
Here in France Graphtec's tech don't take a lot of consideration to care and help on an obsolete model, the opposit of SUMMA's tech in belgium who take time by mail and by phone even for an old printer/plotter. We have 3 Graphtec flatbed included an old FC2230-180 competed for parts.
Have you looked at the manual in the troubleshooting section?

Turnergraphics

We got it to cut one sheet today. Then got the tool position alarm. My employee says we need to supply silicone grease on some arts. I'll let you know

petit

I think my model is discontinued and parts are hard to get....but I am trying to speak to someone. Waiting for the main office to respond to my recent email.
I thought maybe somebody here knew a Graphtec genius that I could hire. The techs know more about the roll cutter

We got it to cut one sheet today. Then got the tool position alarm. My employee says we need to supply silicone grease on some arts. I'll let you know
Hy have you found where the various problems encountered with your FC came from?

Turnergraphics

Hy have you found where the various problems encountered with your FC came from?
I did finally repair one of my cutters. I replaced the y axis ribbon cable and the xy board and it worked. I'd be glad to provide part number and supplier phone number

petit

I did finally repair one of my cutters. I replaced the y axis ribbon cable and the xy board and it worked. I'd be glad to provide part number and supplier phone number
Please how can i reduce the horizontal free play by the cutting carriage on the arm? i think it is excessive

Turnergraphics

Please how can i reduce the horizontal free play by the cutting carriage on the arm? i think it is excessive
That's not normal. Step one, detach the the entire y axis arm at both ends by removing the screws at both ends. One the motor end, you will need to disconnect one ribbon cable by pulling it straight out. When you reinstall this ribbon cable end, you'll need to push it straight into the connection. It's very simple once you know that it pulls straight out with a little force. Next, you'll be able to turn the Y bar upside down and see how things are connected. You'll end up disassembling almost all of the tool mechanism. This is the part that your hand is touching in the video. Don't worry, it goes back together pretty easily. After you turn the Y bar upside down you'll be able to see how the belt is connected, etc. Allow 2-4 hours for this project. There is a much simpler way to tighten the belt, if that's your only problem, but I think your issue is that the wheels underneath need to be adjusted tighter against the Y rail. There's some screws at the bottom that allow those wheels to be adjusted. In your manual section 7-6 please first see the section about adjusting rolling pressure.

Last edited:

petit

That's not normal. Step one, detach the the entire y axis arm at both ends by removing the screws at both ends. One the motor end, you will need to disconnect one ribbon cable by pulling it straight out. When you reinstall this ribbon cable end, you'll need to push it straight into the connection. It's very simple once you know that it pulls straight out with a little force. Next, you'll be able to turn the Y bar upside down and see how things are connected. You'll end up disassembling almost all of the tool mechanism. This is the part that your hand is touching in the video. Don't worry, it goes back together pretty easily. After you turn the Y bar upside down you'll be able to see how the belt is connected, etc. Allow 2-4 hours for this project. There is a much simpler way to tighten the belt, if that's your only problem, but I think your issue is that the wheels underneath need to be adjusted tighter against the Y rail. There's some screws at the bottom that allow those wheels to be adjusted. In your manual section 7-6 please first see the section about adjusting rolling pressure.
Thanks, ok i'll do this and check. Late in the afternoon i had an email from a Graphtec technician told me that by opening the cut carriage and looking up to down between the back of the carriage and the arm, there is a free screw that can be tighten to reduce this freeplay, told me that you must unscrew 2 little torque screws to get an action with this free screw and then retight the torques to get the whole carriage fixed to the Y arm. Does it says anything to you? Thanks for the time

Turnergraphics

Thanks, ok i'll do this and check. Late in the afternoon i had an email from a Graphtec technician told me that by opening the cut carriage and looking up to down between the back of the carriage and the arm, there is a free screw that can be tighten to reduce this freeplay, told me that you must unscrew 2 little torque screws to get an action with this free screw and then retight the torques to get the whole carriage fixed to the Y arm. Does it says anything to you? Thanks for the time
I think he's telling you how to tighten the belt tension front the front side of the cutter. It makes just a little sense to me. It's worth a try because tightening the belt tension is probably the easiest thing to try. I'm sure the technician knows more than I do.

Kaiservon

We also have a FC2250-180 that was purchased new. Unfortunately, Graphtec and their service suppliers are no longer servicing it. Currently, we are getting the "tool position error" upon start up. When we were trying to determine if a piece of film was stuck on the arm causing it to err a piece of the ribbon cable guide fell out. We disassembled the arm enough to see where the piece feel from, that's when we noticed that the ribbon cable had unplugged from the pen flex boards in the tool carriage. How this happened is a mystery. We had an extra ribbon cable from when the machine was last serviced three years ago, so we decided to replace the cable and repair the cable guide. When the plotter was restarted we got the same code: tool position error. So that's where we're at. Does anyone have any ideas why we're still getting the error and if it's possible to still get parts?

Turnergraphics

We also have a FC2250-180 that was purchased new. Unfortunately, Graphtec and their service suppliers are no longer servicing it. Currently, we are getting the "tool position error" upon start up. When we were trying to determine if a piece of film was stuck on the arm causing it to err a piece of the ribbon cable guide fell out. We disassembled the arm enough to see where the piece feel from, that's when we noticed that the ribbon cable had unplugged from the pen flex boards in the tool carriage. How this happened is a mystery. We had an extra ribbon cable from when the machine was last serviced three years ago, so we decided to replace the cable and repair the cable guide. When the plotter was restarted we got the same code: tool position error. So that's where we're at. Does anyone have any ideas why we're still getting the error and if it's possible to still get parts?
I replaced the y flexible cable assembly and the XY relay board and it fixed mine. Got parts from Tubelite. The cable assembly, which you already replaced, must be installed so that there's very little resistance when the arm moves.
Y flexible cable assembly
2.00​
$209.00​
$418.00​
X-Y relay board FC2250
1.00​
$187.00​
$187.00​

Kaiservon

I replaced the y flexible cable assembly and the XY relay board and it fixed mine. Got parts from Tubelite. The cable assembly, which you already replaced, must be installed so that there's very little resistance when the arm moves.
Y flexible cable assembly
2.00​
$209.00​
$418.00​
X-Y relay board FC2250
1.00​
$187.00​
$187.00​
Thanks! I'll contact Tubelite again, originally they said that they are not servicing the machine anymore but maybe they'll be willing to still sell us parts.