• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help cleaning printheads on HP 750 after using isopropyl

Andrew Hodgson

Hello, I made a big mistake, I cleaned the printheads of my HP 750 using isopropyl. I have since cleaned the printheads using printhead flush and did several ink purges but my print quality is not great. Is there anything else I can do besides cleaning with printhead flush and doing more ink purges?

jcskikus

Owner, Designer & Installer
I don't know how old the heads are, but your best bet is to just replace them all. All I've ever used is distilled water.

Andrew Hodgson

I don't know how old the heads are, but your best bet is to just replace them all. All I've ever used is distilled water.
I just replaced 4 printheads. It would be pretty expensive to replace all printheads again. After doing several printhead flushes and ink purges, the print quality is OK, not great. I am not able to replace the printheads again.

Just wondering if there is anything else I can do.

Superior_Adam

I guess you can keep wasting time and ink and keep doing cleaning on the heads and hope they come back. The only real solution right now is to replace all the heads and write it off as a learning experience.

LanGun

Hey Andrew, aside from wiping the print heads with flush you can saturate a rag with flush and hold it on the head to kind of soften hardened material in addition to the quick one direction wipe. What kind of quality degradation are you seeing, just banding? You could also turn off some of the jest that aren't firing correctly, the system will compensate for it fill in for the turned off jets and bring some of your quality back. Also is this one color or just a certain color like white?