• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help getting image to load into Cut-server after printing in Onyx Gama-Print Rip-Queue

Dan Berg

I have an old copy of Onyx GamaPrint 12.2 Pro I am trying to learn before I spend more money on an upgrade.
Several issues I have been having. When I go to set up a new quickset there are no cutters shown. Only selection is none. I have set up my Graphtec ce-7000-60 as a generic cutter. I believe I should have a list of cutters to choose from but the list is empty.
Secondly after printing with registration marks I do not know how to get that image into the cut server and I have tried everything. YouTube videos do not address any of my issues.

FrankW

In the file menu, you should have a menu entry „Manage Cutters“ (or similar). There you can select which cutters are shown in the cutter menu in the quickset. Perhaps there are all cutters deselected?

When preparing data, you need to setup the path you want to cut as a spot color with a name which begins with something set as cutting prefix in the quickset. When loading the file, the RIP will separate the cut data from the cut data and will send the cut data to the cut server automatically.

Dan Berg

Sorry no selection for Manage Cutters. Something is missing. I reloaded the software but still do not have that selection.

Dan Berg

Yes. Active printer select 1, active printer allowed 1.
Prints fine but cannot get past the print because I cannot load the file in the cut server.

Dan Berg

Saved the printed image with contour cut lines and registration marks to downloads but when I go to find it in cut server, open, downloads it is not there.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Yeah it doesn't work like that. Maybe try to reinstall or something, you need that cutter selection to work properly.
Just keep in mind it's very old version, there is no guarantee it works if you have win10 etc etc.

Dan Berg

Yeah it doesn't work like that. Maybe try to reinstall or something, you need that cutter selection to work properly.
Just keep in mind it's very old version, there is no guarantee it works if you have win10 etc etc.
Windows 10, didn’t even think of that. I’ll bet that’s it because I have downloaded a dozen times. I have a batch of profiles and it really prints great with them. Now I have to decide if it is worth the $1500 upgrade cost just to do a couple of print and cuts? With the upgrade can they entire print cut process be done in Onyx without Adobe Illustrator? Someone else does my design when I need anything. Can the contour cut lines be added in Onyx?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
You should still have the cutting possible with your version but there is something messed up in the installation because you don't see the cutters.

Anyway you do need to add the cutcontour before importing to Onyx. You can only create a box around the image but any contour must be done in illustrator for example.