• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Rolland 540V

dgross

Hello,
We have a 540V, purchased used. Got the unit home, printed 2 jobs on it. On the second job print head stopped in the middle and service code 0002 came up on the display. The unit had 2 new Rolland print heads and print head cables in it when we got it. We have swapped out main board, servo board, power supply and most all cables. Checked power at outlet. You turn machine on and within 1 second you get the 0002 code on the display and 2 beeps. Nothing we have done has changed anything.
Has anyone else had a similar issue, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Just confirming that you replace the cable that goes from the mainboard to the servo board with a brand new cable? Also by swap, do you mean you used an old board?

damonCA21

0002 is a faulty servo board. Where did you get the replacement board from as its possible this is damaged as well

dgross

Just confirming that you replace the cable that goes from the mainboard to the servo board with a brand new cable? Also by swap, do you mean you used an old board?
No it was not new, but was from a another running 540. Same with the main board and servo board.

dgross

0002 is a faulty servo board. Where did you get the replacement board from as its possible this is damaged as well
We pulled the servo board out of our 30" machine as it is the same board as the 540. Also tried a servo board from a running 540 that had bad print heads.

damonCA21

OK well for some reason the main board thinks the servo board is faulty, but if it is definitely ok, then you need to be looking at the main board and why. If the main board is ok then the obvious link between the two is the cables.
I have also seen this error come up when the cables from the print carriage board have a fault so I would look at replacing those too, or the print carriage board itself

damonCA21

Also try swapping all the other cables on the servo board one at a time. It could be its getting a bad signal from something else on the printer and it's confusing the board

Zoogee World

Maybe try replacing the cables to the print carriage board and the print carriage board and if that doesn't do anything, try as damon suggested and maybe try replacing both the main board and servo board at the same time.

dgross

OK well for some reason the main board thinks the servo board is faulty, but if it is definitely ok, then you need to be looking at the main board and why. If the main board is ok then the obvious link between the two is the cables.
I have also seen this error come up when the cables from the print carriage board have a fault so I would look at replacing those too, or the print carriage board itself
Ok, Also the print carriage board is the only board we have not tried. I did find one will have it Tues. am going to try that also.

Zoogee World

Replaced the cut carriage board and once again, there was no change.
Try replacing all at the same time and see if anything changes and if it fixes it then remove one by one until the issue comes back and that should show which part is the troublesome part.