• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help with icc profile epson wf7710

Eyefinest

Hello my name is roberto.im new on this forum and i finally found a site where i can read and search for info about plotters,cutting software, and sublimation printing. Oke im new to sublimation.
My setup is: epson wf 7710 printer
Sublinova inkt,silhouette studuo,adobe illustrator.
Ink : sublinova ink from inktec
Setup went very well,nozzle check and print head cleaning went well also.
Did my first test with siser easy subli and first thing i saw is after printing the colors are dull.oke thats normal,after pressing with heatpress the colors are still dull and not so vibrant. Afyer a lot of research i found out that it could be a problem with the icc profile used for color management.
It also could be that the image wasnt as a high quality image. I tried the normal advice for 155 degrees for 15 seconds for siser.
So now im stuck with what it could be.
I hope someone can help me with some advice what to do.i cant find the right icc profile for epson7710 for sublimation.
Is it needed to use the icc profile?
Also can i get an advice what paper to use for dark and light fabric cotton or combo cotton and polyester.but mostly cotton. I know that sublimation is for light fabrics and polyester.I bought also the subliflexforever 202.gonna test that out also.

Thanks gr Roberto

Jburns

Roberto - you should ask your ink supplier for proper profiles : sublinova ink from inktec.
Also this is a sign forum, most likely not many users of small sublimation printers.

shahidmqamar

Hello my name is roberto.im new on this forum and i finally found a site where i can read and search for info about plotters,cutting software, and sublimation printing. Oke im new to sublimation.
My setup is: epson wf 7710 printer
Sublinova inkt,silhouette studuo,adobe illustrator.
Ink : sublinova ink from inktec
Setup went very well,nozzle check and print head cleaning went well also.
Did my first test with siser easy subli and first thing i saw is after printing the colors are dull.oke thats normal,after pressing with heatpress the colors are still dull and not so vibrant. Afyer a lot of research i found out that it could be a problem with the icc profile used for color management.
It also could be that the image wasnt as a high quality image. I tried the normal advice for 155 degrees for 15 seconds for siser.
So now im stuck with what it could be.
I hope someone can help me with some advice what to do.i cant find the right icc profile for epson7710 for sublimation.
Is it needed to use the icc profile?
Also can i get an advice what paper to use for dark and light fabric cotton or combo cotton and polyester.but mostly cotton. I know that sublimation is for light fabrics and polyester.I bought also the subliflexforever 202.gonna test that out also.

Thanks gr Roberto
Dear..First of all check your design is in RGB or CMYK..If your job design is in RGB then prints will be in Duller and Darker tone.So better use CMYK.Second reason is icc profile.Due to incorrect icc profile you will always have problem in getting correct colour tones specially with greys and navy blue.I use my own icc profile and photoprint rip software and always get exact colours in prints

shahidmqamar

Dear..First of all check your design is in RGB or CMYK..If your job design is in RGB then prints will be in Duller and Darker tone.So better use CMYK.Second reason is icc profile.Due to incorrect icc profile you will always have problem in getting correct colour tones specially with greys and navy blue.I use my own icc profile and photoprint rip software and always get exact colours in prints
Also Some newbies print on wrong side of sublimation paper..please check if you are printing on correct side of paper.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Quick check at your times and temp too. Our heat transfer vinyl is usually 150 degrees for 5-15 secs depending on material.
Sublimation is considerably longer/hotter.

Most of our sublimation products are usually at 190-200 degrees for 50-60 seconds. Probably just not pressing long enough?