• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help with: Roland BN-20 vs. Mimaki CJV150-75 please

SignA

Hello friends,

I'm a graphic designer and I send my artwork to venders to produce it for me. Now I'm trying to start my own sign shop, and just wonder if someone may help to see (Roland BN-20 vs. Mimaki CJV150-75) in general, what are the prices in the market and where are some good places to buy them with good customer service and support.

thank you very much

Sign A

brdesign

I don't have any personal experience with either of those two models, but I think you would be better to spend a little more to get a 54" wide printer if you have the room for it. 54" is a standard roll size available in just about any media. The smaller size printers will be limit your choices of media available, unless you have a wider roll cut down by your supplier, but then you are still paying for the wasted material. Roland and Mimaki both make good printers, I'm more partial to Mimaki, but Roland and their Versaworks rip may be more user friendly if you are new to running the printers.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The Mimaki is a standard size. It's much harder to find 20" material that isn't from Roland. At the end of the day they both print about the same speed and quality. I'd go with the Mimaki simply because of the size and they are easier to work on yourself.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
Both are great machines.
I like the roland.
If you can afford, get a 60" version so you can run large media.
I have two 60" Rolands and my output price is super cheap compared to a 24" printer.

SignA

Thank you very much guys for your feedback. my budget is limited to 7K or less. what is out there to help start?

thanks to you all

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
Ask your suppliers if they know of any business that is selling out or upgrading.
That's how I got both of my Roland XR640.
Paid less than half price.
The one I just purchased has less than 20 hours on it.