• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need some help with a few issues using illustrator and flexi with gerber edge

alistair

Hi All,

I've just got myself a Gerber Edge LE and i'm having a few issues, I prefer to use illustrator over Flexi so firstly i'm trying to get hold of a Gerber swatch palette for illustrator, also, when i rip a job it's wanting to print the overprint and the non-overprint separately even though they are both the same colour?

can anybody help??

Pippin Decals

it was a long shot... I had no idea what i was looking for so i just googles it and search ,many many pages lol...Glad i could help..

Jburns

When you open the files in Flexi- click view then view filter . This will then expose what colors are in your design- and why the printer is asking for certain foils.
you can then click them from the view mnu, and remove one color at a time, change to spot colors in your design editor, and from view to see what you have to edit

jfiscus

Rap Master
If you like setting up your Edge prints in Illustrator I have found it to be VERY helpful to set up layers in your document for each Gerber foil used.

davedavedave

If you like setting up your Edge prints in Illustrator I have found it to be VERY helpful to set up layers in your document for each Gerber foil used.
jup thats how i do it to...

did u found a proper way to import ai files with a cutcontour ?
i have cut contours (1p strokes) around all my objects in illustrator... (sended them to alot of printshops before)
but when importing the file into flexi the cutline is a shape/converted stroke...
also i noticed color gradients are weird when importet... they always change shape...

im really looking for a way so i can keep my cutlines...
i dont wan to do them again for each file...
the color mapping already already is too much for me LOL

jfiscus

Rap Master
I cannot use strokes for cutlines as sometimes it converts them to double cuts in the RIP, so I always use fills as cuts here at our shop. That makes the import easier for that part.
Gradients... good luck!

davedavedave

this is what happend to me too... but if i save as illustrator 8 file it works.. also pdf... i also think theres a diffrence if u imoprt or just open a file in flexi...