• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need to know the next step

shirtsource

All right guys I hired a engineer and got my paperwork back on the footing and sign pole. I need help with a couple of things if there is anybody that I could contact and pick your brain for a few minutes that would be great but if not I need to know a good place to buy grade 36 anchor bolts and secondly I need to know what state or goverment offices to contact to make sure everything is the way it is supposed to be. Any help would be greatly appreciated yall have been a great help so far.

Thanks so much,

Brian

signguy 55

Can't give you any advice on what you need, but I think I would SERIOUSLY consider subbing this out. I have a couple of guys I rely on, let them worry about insurance, liability, permitting, inspections, etc. especially if you have to deal with DOT and state inspectors.

Seems like this project was for yourself from a previous post, hope you gain a lot of experience but my time is too valuable for stuff like this. Just my two cents.

John L

I have ordered high grade anchor bolts from the local Fastenal. I can't remember the grade but it's on our drawings here somewhere. They will have to order them and it takes a week or so usually. Mine came with a certificate or manufacturers statement to show the inspectors if you need it, I have never needed that though.

Call your local department that issues building permits. They will direct you as to what you need to submit, what inspections are required, if you need highway permits, off premise permits, set back verification, address verification, theirs fees, etc. etc. etc.

It can go on and on and on... but it might be easy as cake. Make the calls. Try to start with a supervisor or else you may have to repeat yourself many times.