• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question New Epson S80600 & Summa Cutter Performance

isigninoz

Good Afternoon I have been stalking you all for many years and have found the knowledge invaluable. We have just purchased the Epson S80600 with ergosoft rip. I am having issues with the setup and I am looking for advice. The first issue is the print speed I am not getting anywhere near what the specs say I have attached an image of the print RIP speed in 8 pass Print rate is 3.1 m2/h according to the specs I should be hitting around 12 m2/h I have been sitting at around 6 m2/h for most things I have been watching. The head seems to pause at each end. We purchased a new desktop computer and this is all it runs & updated the LAN cables just in case. Can you let me know any users of Epson if this is the print speed we should be getting or am I missing something? The supplier seems to think this is ok.
Thanks in advance
20220926_123312 Print Speed.jpg

FrankW

The speed shown in the documentation is the max engine speed, the real printing time can be different due to several reasons. For example, as smaller the width of a job, as more times the print head needs to change direction to reach an assumed amount of square meters, what takes more time. In addition, it really can be that your profile is set to make a little break after every pass, what often is done for optimizing drying. There are some other factors what can decrease speed. Important is to compare the right print modes.

BVG

You should be hitting 12m^2/h comfortably in 8 Pass mode. Check your rip settings for inter-pass delay etc.

Is your network gigabit?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Pausing at the end of each pass usually means data isn't hitting the printer quickly enough or you have an interpass delay set for that media type (see Epson Edge Dashboard and look for "Drying Time Per Pass" setting).

Where in Oz are you located? There might be someone nearby that can have a look or I could remote in with TeamViewer for a peek.

isigninoz

Hi Crew
Thanks a bunch, We have ergosoft i could not find the print settings for the Drying Time Per Pass / or inter pass dealy in ergosoft, and the edge dashboard did not seem to show much at all so I would still like to check this out so any screen shots to show what I am looking for would be great. I am pleased to say that your comments also prompted us to look at the data. As mentioned we did update all the cables to the computer and the network gigabit however the cables and network artwork files are located on another computer We took a copy of the file and put it on the desktop of the computer we are using for the rip and voom same file now 14 ms/h. Thanks, I just wished the tec/ supplier would have been more interested in our concerns a bit disappointed. Now for our next challenge white ink :) Thanks for all those that gave me advice i wish you all a great day! Cheers from oz

• Agree
Reactions: BVG

marsuni

Unitype-GR
We Print via ERGOSOFT 15 in 6 pass without stopping heads for additional heat!!!
The quality is great and the speed is about 18sqm/h.
Check if you use 2 head printing mode!!!
And use a good profile that suits to your materials through Epson's cloud!!!

mim

0_o
On your s80600 press the temperature button (looks like a thermometer) and there should be an option for "drying time per pass"