• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Flexi User

Mata

Hi everyone

I’ve just signed up to flexi 22. I’m coming from Onyx 21 which I have used for the past few years but I was getting frustrated with little things so I thought I’d give Flexi a go after hearing some good feedback.

I design in Affinity designer on the Mac so I have a few questions I’m hoping a user can answer.

1: If I have some quick text I want to cut in red for instance, what is the best way to send that file to the Windows computer and Flexi 22? Currently I am copying the design into Illustrator which is still on the Mac and then using the cutting master plugin to cut the file.

2: If I want to print some stickers (designed in Affinity), what is the best way to add cut / perfect cut lines? I’ve been doing this in Affinity along with adding bleeds etc. I then finally send it to Onyx to print and cut.

3: In Flexi, can you name cutting conditions? I have an FC9000 and I always get confused about what condition is set of reach media so I ended up pretty much using condition 1 and changing it every time.

I need to get work smarter and faster and taking time setting up files is where I lose most of my time.

FrankW

If wanting to cut quick text, you can set that in the Flexi Editor.

In Flexi Editor, you have a functionality to let Flexi create cut contours.

Attila Nagy

It seems you still choosing the hard way for yourself. Flexi is the only software you need for Print, Cut and Design. Learn how to use it.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Flexi lacks some critical features on the design end of things. That's not to say Affinity Designer is all that advanced either (it pales in comparison quite badly compared to Adobe Illustrator or CorelDRAW). But at least Affinity Designer can handle advanced features of OpenType fonts. Affinity Designer still doesn't support Variable Fonts however.

Mata

Thanks guys

I may end up just using Flexi but i’m a mac user and I’m used to Affinity.

I’ve been searching online for hot folders and presets. I would like to set a preset for I.e a banner and have a hit folder for that preset meaning if I put an image into that folder, it will import into Flexi and rip it using that preset. Surely this can be done but I can’t find anything in it?

Another note, within Onyx, when I print a banner I was able to add my branding on the edge allowing all my banners to carry my logo on the rear. Watching the banner finishing features, it doesn’t look like I am able to do that. Can anyone confirm if this is possible?