• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Graphtec 9000 Not Ready to go Out of the Box!

bobbiffxx

Any Graphtec sales people or techs on here? I just purchased a Graphtec 9000-140 from Denco to replace my old Graphtec 7000. I didn't purchase the initial set up support because I thought this thing was ready to go but alas...It's not! I do not know how to do the ARMS. And by looking at the manual, I'm no going to be able to do it on my own. The salesman that I purchased from is not very helpful towards me. I need some help with this! Thanks in advance!!!

jfiscus

Rap Master
Call Trigon Imaging 513-965-6116 and ask for Eric. He knows these things inside and out.
Our new one is running GREAT with Onyx and barcodes.

Image Makers

Any Graphtec sales people or techs on here? I just purchased a Graphtec 9000-140 from Denco to replace my old Graphtec 7000. I didn't purchase the initial set up support because I thought this thing was ready to go but alas...It's not! I do not know how to do the ARMS. And by looking at the manual, I'm no going to be able to do it on my own. The salesman that I purchased from is not very helpful towards me. I need some help with this! Thanks in advance!!!
Doesn't Denco typically offer phone support when you purchase a piece of equipment. I would call your local branch and ask for a manager. I'm sure that there's got to be some way they can help you.

bobbiffxx

Doesn't Denco typically offer phone support when you purchase a piece of equipment. I would call your local branch and ask for a manager. I'm sure that there's got to be some way they can help you.
Yep. Called them and they were no help. Maybe it was the guy. He sounded older. I’m going to call back on Monday

bobbiffxx

I'm going to be the bad guy here but people who don't want to pay for the setup and then call 20 times to ask for help on different things... :mad:
I’ve been working with Graphtec plotter for 16 years. If I had known it wasn’t ready to go I would have paid for it. I’m going to talk to Graphtec Hopefully. I sent them an email. There’s also a problem with the cutter. AND I received it with the lever broken and Denco had to come out to put the new one on.

ikarasu

They come with instructions do they not? I setup my graphtec (8600) then I setup my work graphtec (9000) it's super easy. The 9000 is a bit more tricky with the new media catcher... I ended up installing them in reverse and spending 15 minutes removing and putting them back on.. but it's simple!

The take up reel is harder, and I waited for the tech to come do that as we paid for them to come out... I just got impatient and wanted it setup.

If you have any mechanical aptitude it's pretty simple.... On a scale of 1 to Ikea furniture, id say it's a 3!

bobbiffxx

They come with instructions do they not? I setup my graphtec (8600) then I setup my work graphtec (9000) it's super easy. The 9000 is a bit more tricky with the new media catcher... I ended up installing them in reverse and spending 15 minutes removing and putting them back on.. but it's simple!

The take up reel is harder, and I waited for the tech to come do that as we paid for them to come out... I just got impatient and wanted it setup.

If you have any mechanical aptitude it's pretty simple.... On a scale of 1 to Ikea furniture, id say it's a 3!
Have you seen the manual on adjusting the ARMS? I’d say it’s a 10 on a scale of difficulty.

ikarasu

Are you talking about adjusting the sensor level? yes... I've done it a half dozen times. It should be pretty accurate out of the box and not need adjusting though. Ignore the instructions... This is for the 8600 but pretty much the same thing.

unclebun

What adjusting are you talking about? You just position the sensor over the first corner and click cut in your RIP.