• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Hire Contract

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Seen that happen with a competitor sign shop. Owner sold it, stayed out of the business (at least around here) for about a year, then opened a new, competing sign shop. The original shop he sold is now out of business.

I've always wondered if he had planned it that way from the start or if he'd legitimately wanted to get out of the business and then felt like the new owners were making his old shop a mockery, especially since the business name shared his last name.
There have been a lot of people that have done that. Around where I used to live there was a guy that sold his equipment dealer and rental company to sunbelt, waited out his non-compete and started again eventually opening around 5 or so locations A few years ago, sunbelt bought him out again. I am wondering if he is going to go for thirds after this non-compete expires.

Scotchbrite

No comment
There have been a lot of people that have done that. Around where I used to live there was a guy that sold his equipment dealer and rental company to sunbelt, waited out his non-compete and started again eventually opening around 5 or so locations A few years ago, sunbelt bought him out again. I am wondering if he is going to go for thirds after this non-compete expires.
That's a good racket there!

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Retro Graphics We have written job descriptions for anyone we hire, move, or promote. This is something we go through with everyone to make sure all parts of it are clear and if they have any questions. We don't use the term contract, but it is an agreement.

In terms of an NDA or non-compete, we don't do anything like that. However, there's nothing wrong with getting a generic one and having a new employee sign it. Keep it as simple as possible. Enforcing an NDA or Non-Compete is really expensive and not something you would probably do, but it does help set clear expectations for the position.

If you hire someone, and they are doing exactly what you want them to do, then you don't need anything in writing.

But, if you hire someone, and after time, they miss the base on a few things, going back to the written documents you went over with them helps everyone get back on the same page.

That being said, don't be afraid to update job descriptions. Keeping them up to date as roles change and your company grows is important. No one has ever written the "Perfect" job description. Always improving!