• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Plotter - FC9000 or something else?

Miftah

Hi guys

After reading this forum and various thread, we decided to purchase Summa TC160 and was delivered last November.

However we have issue with the cutting.
We are doing mostly print and cut. Hence accuracy is very important. The cutting that summa gave really out of alignment!

We are using Roland eco solvent printer to print, Onyx 19 as a ripper and Orafol 3164 as the media.

The engineer and technician had came over many times but they cant seem to solve it.
Some said is because of the Roland printer.

Hence i want to check over here what kind of printer u guys are using that give great print out and accuracy? What is the brand of the media?

It has been closed to 4 mths but still cant perform it

Is it my Summa set is defect?

I really appreciate any inputs!

Last edited:

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Hi guys

After reading this forum and various thread, we decided to purchase Summa TC160 and was delivered last November.

However we have issue with the cutting.
We are doing mostly print and cut. Hence accuracy is very important. The cutting that summa gave really out of alignment!

We are using Roland eco solvent printer to print, Onyx 19 as a ripper and Orafol 3164 as the media.

The engineer and technician had came over many times but they cant seem to solve it.
Some said is because of the Roland printer.

Hence i want to check over here what kind of printer u guys are using that give great print out and accuracy? What is the brand of the media?

It has been closed to 4 mths but still cant perform it

Is it my Summa set is defect?

I really appreciate any inputs!

We run 2 of these with no real accuracy issues outside of occasionally on IJ680CR that might be a bit long (therefore heavy) but slowing the velocity usually fixes that. Running HP 570s thru Onyx on 3M.

Do you step your job in Onyx or are you send a stepped one up to Onyx? We send a 1up and just tell Onyx how many copies.

Miftah

We run 2 of these with no real accuracy issues outside of occasionally on IJ680CR that might be a bit long (therefore heavy) but slowing the velocity usually fixes that. Running HP 570s thru Onyx on 3M.

Do you step your job in Onyx or are you send a stepped one up to Onyx? We send a 1up and just tell Onyx how many copies.

Great to hear that
Thank you for the sharing.
Yup i have lowered down the velocity to 10 but the result is still the same

yup same here
I increase the no. Of copoes in Onyx

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
You might want to make your own thread about that problem.

Any more info? Does it start out ok and trail off? Off right away? Consistently off or gradually get worse?

Miftah

You might want to make your own thread about that problem.

Any more info? Does it start out ok and trail off? Off right away? Consistently off or gradually get worse?

hehe
Posted here because i read lots of gd review on Summa...
so just want to find out further...

anyway its never been ok
Its all started since day one
Left, centre and right out of alignment in different directions
Yups its getting worse after 25cm or so...

litewave

Re: Some said is because of the Roland printer.

If its process of working that out 1st...

Maybe a starting point you could consider is running a print on another machine or with an industry friend (with the summa registration marks). Then, cut that on your summa and see if same happens.

If you already notice all cuts not accurate regardless of size.. you could even do a test print on paper via an a3 laser and perhaps change cutter for pen.