• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Shop Table

rfulford

I just completed the prototype for a shop table I have been thinking about ever since I built this workbench for my garage. It has a 5'x12' surface and is almost entirely cut from 3/4" shop grade plywood. The top is 3/4" MDF with 1x2 poplar edging. The pieces are cnc cut and aligned with 1/2" dowels during glue up. I am really looking forward to building more and slowly getting rid of the 20 year old swayback tables currently on the production floor.

shop table.jpg Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 10.22.29 AM.jpg

player

I just completed the prototype for a shop table I have been thinking about ever since I built this workbench for my garage. It has a 5'x12' surface and is almost entirely cut from 3/4" shop grade plywood. The top is 3/4" MDF with 1x2 poplar edging. The pieces are cnc cut and aligned with 1/2" dowels during glue up. I am really looking forward to building more and slowly getting rid of the 20 year old swayback tables currently on the production floor.

View attachment 100405 View attachment 100406

That looks very similar to the table my father built me when I first started. Except he never put in the dividers so the whole bottom was open for storing larger things, and the lower shelf was accessible from the ends as well as the sides.