• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New to Minneapolis

Wright Signs

Hi everyone. I am an experienced sign designer / producer / salesman. I recently relocated to Minneapolis from South Texas. I am looking to start a career with a local sign company. I have been in the sign business for over five years and there is not much I haven't done. I am very familiar with most graphics software, plotters, large format solvent printers, tool path, AXZY Routers, and most aspects of production and installations. I have been trying to contact local sign companies directly for employment and it seems like things are pretty tight in the industry right now. So now I thought I'd try this forum to see if I might have better luck.

I'm attaching my resume here so if you or anyone you know could use a general sign guy with lots of experience, get in touch with me, we'll work something out.

Attachments

• Arts_Resume_2009.jpg
    Arts_Resume_2009.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 187

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Welcome from PA.................

If ya know anyone moving to our neck of the woods with a resume like that.... let me know.​

Craig Sjoquist

Welcome to a outstanding forum and people

after living 35 yrs .. 10 of those years learning signs in Mpls I moved ...great place to do sign work with your experance and drive you'll find work one way or another
..Minnsota rocks

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Welcome....

and by the way, your resume says little about doing all kinds of signs, it says a lot of wordy fluff, you may want to mention electrical signs, monuments, wayfinding, civic projects, ADA, Fire safety, drafting, permit procurement, vehicle wraps... (unless those you have no experience in that) and you might want to put your equipment skills. If you have not been there, Signweb has the busiest Job Forum on the internet.

Last edited:

BobM

Can you comute to Cape Cod for 4 hours per week? Welcome from Cape Cod and good luck with the job search.

cptcorn

adad
Hi everyone. I am an experienced sign designer / producer / salesman. I recently relocated to Minneapolis from South Texas. I am looking to start a career with a local sign company. I have been in the sign business for over five years and there is not much I haven't done. I am very familiar with most graphics software, plotters, large format solvent printers, tool path, AXZY Routers, and most aspects of production and installations. I have been trying to contact local sign companies directly for employment and it seems like things are pretty tight in the industry right now. So now I thought I'd try this forum to see if I might have better luck.

I'm attaching my resume here so if you or anyone you know could use a general sign guy with lots of experience, get in touch with me, we'll work something out.

Damn, we just hired my replacement on Tuesday up here... granted I'm a hour away from the Twin Cities area... Welcome... This is a great place!

iSign

I might leave off the Independent Broker and Consultant part, as that qualifies yourself as a potential threat of competitor to your prospective new employer, both during & after possible employment with them. That's just my opinion, but I am an owner and employer, and that is what I think when I read that part. Those skills are handy for competing, but really offer little to help land a job, with all the other stuff on there, so I don't think it would hurt you to remove it, but it might help.