• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newb cutlines Software question

jameslondon

Hi , I use a Roland sp540v and can’t believe how hard it is to create a cut line around a image .

is there a easy way to take a image from goggle let’s say a a nice text logo and create a cut line ?

I am new to this and have managed to make a box cut contour with the Roland swatches , but I have tried putting a circle using the circle tool
And selecting the Roland cut colour but it still does not cut a circle

In versa works I know I can select cut image boundaries but this only seems works on square Artwork .

I would be happy to pay someone to do a Skype video call if they can show me a quick and easier way to creat a cut lines using illustrator.

victor bogdanov

Hi , I use a Roland sp540v and can’t believe how hard it is to create a cut line around a image .

is there a easy way to take a image from goggle let’s say a a nice text logo and create a cut line ?

I am new to this and have managed to make a box cut contour with the Roland swatches , but I have tried putting a circle using the circle tool

In versa works I know I can select cut image boundaries but this only seems works on square Artwork .

I would be happy to pay someone to do a Skype video call if they can show me a quick and easier way to creat a cut lines using illustrator.

It is as easy as creating a path, with a method of your choice, then giving that path's stroke color the properties of the roland cut like swatch.

if you have any transparency in the file, the cut lines will not show up in versa works, all transparency must be flattened in illustrator, better to flatten before you work on the cut line

victor bogdanov

As far as creating a cut line from an image you find on google, "image trace" in illustrator, play around with the trace settings, then join the traced result and touch up manually to create a path for cutting.