• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newb need help : Metallic -Reflective-Translucent ???

zenith

Hello guys.

Sorry for this 2nd post, but i really need help to guide me with those vinyls, can anyone tell me what those vinyls are ? I see besides cast and calendered, theres something like Metallic -Reflective-Translucent and even a thing call "1 side vision" that i dont know what they mean at all.

Besides, is it a good idea to get transparent instead of white vinyl ?

Thx much

Zenith

chopper

it all depends on what you are doing,
metallic is just that looks like a metallic paint job on you car..
reflective is just that its reflective when light hits it...
translucent is used primary for lighted signs
transparent is also used for lighted signs and for overlays when you want the background to show through say red transparent over silver diamond plate..
one way vision is perforated material generally used for printed graphics over windows which allows one way vision...
//chopper

zenith

thx for answer

Its printing to apply on flat surface. So, if i want to print and apply on

Apple laptop without hiding the "apple" thing, should i try transparent ?

Zenith

Charlie J

transparent means see-through...as in clear...if you are printing over it i guess it doenst matter whether you use white or clear...you will need to test it out with your printer to see if your profiles change when you use clear vinyl instead of white....personally...I would just use a calendared white vinyl

zenith

Is clear vinyl harder to use than white ? I was planning to use clear vinyl and redesign the graphic, remove the color at the center of each devices so that there will be no print on that section hiding the brand of the devices.

imaSIGNr

This is off topic, but may I ask ? are you Vietnamese ? You seem to have fairly good English is why I ask.