• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Newsprint media

craigwojo

Need to make a newspaper front page for a client and really don't know how this can be done. It's going to be dated (kinda worn) and printed on one side. It will be put in a frame and matted. What material should I order and where.

I have a Roland RE-640 with eco-solvent inks.

Thank you and God bless,
Craig

jimbug72

Used to work for a printing company and that's all they did was print newspapers. They used to give away their butt rolls to pretty much anyone who asked for them.

IND Digital Dept.

@industryprintshop
Just grab a pad of newsprint from your local art supply store. They come is sizes like 18"x24" and 24"x36". I would recommend getting the 24"x36", pull out a few loose sheets and run them through your printer as single sheets. Having printed on newsprint with a Roland (EcolSol inks), I can tell you it will give you that vintage look you are going for- the rough newsprint makes the inkes very muted and faded looking. Just FYI, they will need to dry for quite a bit longer than you are used to.