• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

no cyan

signworld

SAM_1905.jpg We have pulled through line and damper and we get ink just fine but when we test draw i get very very very little cyan ... if any at all but all other colors look good. we have noticed that the capping station for the cyan is dry. What else can we do or try??? we have tried so much and dont know what else to do ... and we are not technicians at all just graphic designers and installers. So any help would be greatly appreciated and very much needed. please please we got a boss that is on our backs and customers that are getting aggrevated with us. and we dont want to send them somewhere else. so please help. we are working with a mimaki jv3-160sp .

AnimalG82

Take off the back panel on the and look at the pumps. One for the cyan could have gone bad, you can test it by doing a DISway under Maintenance. Fill the liquid in the caps and then see if you can see anything coming through the lines as the pumps go.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
+1 On checking that the pump is not clogged.

Also take a syringe and hook it up to the tube that goes to the Cyan cap before the pump. If you pull a lot of air, the cap is not sealing properly. If you pull and the syringe wants to be sucked back but no ink comes out then the head or capping tube is clogged. One more thing I always check is that the capping station is clipped in to the hinges properly. They can pop out sometimes and will feel like they are floating around instead of only right to left.

MikePro

filling up your lines through the dampers isn't enough. your head is still "vapor locked" at that point.
before trying to pull on the lines with a syringe, simply run a fillupink with the back cap off the machine so you can watch your pumps and drain lines at work. what happens?

Driving Force

I just went through that with my jv5. Its a bad set of ink I am almost sure. I was hoping to get others to let me know about this same problem as I think they need to adress this issue. I have been getting the old "we havent had this problem with anyone else" story.
I finally figured it out and came up with a way to back flush the head to get it working. I think this is a work around and not the proper fix, but it gets it working.
I hate to hear you are having this problem, I spent nearly 2 weeks trying to get it figured out, and a ton of money on parts and red label shipping.
Darren