• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

NO INK CARTRIDGE EPSON 7900

hviali

I know this was posted previously but I cannot reply/add to the thread. I am hoping someone can shed some light on the problem.

When inserting all 11 ink cartridges on our EPSON 7900, I get "Ink Cartridge Error Replace Cartridge" message with X on all cartridges. If any cartridge is removed, leaving 10 cartridges inserted, the printer will recognize all 10 cartridges including ink levels and the removed cartridge will show X as missing cartridge. This result is the same removing any single one of the 11 cartridges and leaving any 10 inserted.

Additional info

We have used both EPSON original and aftermarket cartridges.

We replaced:
Sub Board Assembly
Ink System Unit
Main Board
Pressurizing Unit

Any idea or comment is welcomed and appreciated, we have run out of ideas. Thank you so much!

Smkmit22

Hi,

I think i had the same/simular issue a few years ago. Turned out the magenta chip was causing issues. I replaced the magenta chip (you can buy chips on AliExpress) and it resolved the issue.

karst41

I know this was posted previously but I cannot reply/add to the thread. I am hoping someone can shed some light on the problem.

When inserting all 11 ink cartridges on our EPSON 7900, I get "Ink Cartridge Error Replace Cartridge" message with X on all cartridges. If any cartridge is removed, leaving 10 cartridges inserted, the printer will recognize all 10 cartridges including ink levels and the removed cartridge will show X as missing cartridge. This result is the same removing any single one of the 11 cartridges and leaving any 10 inserted.

Additional info

We have used both EPSON original and aftermarket cartridges.

We replaced:
Sub Board Assembly
Ink System Unit
Main Board
Pressurizing Unit

Any idea or comment is welcomed and appreciated, we have run out of ideas. Thank you so much!
Get with Vlad at the Printhead doctor in Canada.

He makes and sells data chips and reprogramming tools.
The guy also make great inks too. He litterally has no equal.

You could order a Book of data chips, or if he is making inks for your printer
buy his.

I used to run the Old Seiko 64 and HP 9000S printers.
His inks were far better than Seiko or HP.