• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

non-pvc material to replace coroplast

bigben

I'm looking to replace coroplast with something that do not have pvc in it. So what is the cheapest non-pvc board around 3mm or 4mm that could replace coroplast?

Also, other than the new 3m 480 vinyl. Is there a basic vinyl that have no pvc in it that can be printable?

Thanks

Ben

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I would imagine regular cardboard would be your next step.

As for a non-PVC vinyl.... I don't think that's gonna happen. That's why it's called vinyl.

That's kinda like asking for pork not from a pig..... the other white meat.

gabagoo

I would imagine regular cardboard would be your next step.

As for a non-PVC vinyl.... I don't think that's gonna happen. That's why it's called vinyl.

That's kinda like asking for pork not from a pig..... the other white meat.

he could apply his prints to turkey bacon . that's the other other white meat:omg:

bigben

Pat: I have the converd product you've talked. It's a good option, but the outdoor durability is alot less than coroplast. But it still my no1 choice for now.

Gino: by non-pvc vinyl I mean a white printable product with sticky backing that could be use as vinyl at approximately the same cost. The 3M 480 stuff is the right thing, but I was wondering if there was anything cheaper for regular flat surface.

MikePro

falconboard is great stuff, but I wouldn't trust it outdoors as it is basically thick cardboard with a printable posterboard laminate.
but hey, its recycled & biodegradable & STILL a great price.

Marlene

I'm looking to replace coroplast with something that do not have pvc in it. So what is the cheapest non-pvc board around 3mm or 4mm that could replace coroplast?

Also, other than the new 3m 480 vinyl. Is there a basic vinyl that have no pvc in it that can be printable?

can I ask why no pvc? doesn't hold up well? client of yours doesn't want it? the why is important as not sure if you are just anti-pvc or if you have to find something without it to make spec's on a job.

Ben Lindgren

Hi guys!

Just a quick info:
3M 48c, non-pvc polymeric print film.
Going thru my first roll, sadly it had coating issues, so cannot give definitive yes or no.

With laminate kiss cut force had to be 510g ( summa s140t), which was pretty much.

Profiling with Spectro LFP yielded poor results. I assume it is due to poor coating.

I will get a new roll next week, will update then.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ikarasu

3 year old thread... but oh well!

We have a roll of 480, and it prints exactly like 180 - Didn't even need to make a new profile for it, our 180 profile yields the same results. What machine are you using?