• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Non Toxic Liquid Laminate

ScottyAdams

Hey guys,

We are in search of a non toxic liquid lam. We have a small shop/office space that we will be roll on liquid lamming some 3/16" acrylic with brushed aluminum face leaves. Each leaf is hand painted and a name applied. These will be on a large scale donor tree. We need something that we can use with decent ventilation and don't want to have to use ventilator masks as our production area is open to our lobby and other desks. Anybody heard of anything like this or recommend something we could use for this project. Thanks for any help as always.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Clearshield

Exactly. You could probably drink the stuff. I've no doubt accidentally ingested enough of it over the years that, if it were toxic, would be sufficient to kill the entire Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

poslive

Does this work on UV prints on Acrylic or Sintra? Some of the products on their website specify that they're not compatible with UV inks but nothing states specifically that it is compatible. Have any of you tried it? We're running an HP FB700 if that matters.

Desert_Signs

Does this work on UV prints on Acrylic or Sintra? Some of the products on their website specify that they're not compatible with UV inks but nothing states specifically that it is compatible. Have any of you tried it? We're running an HP FB700 if that matters.

Laminated 1000's of prints off an FB500 with Clearshield Semi Gloss. You're good to go.

ETA: Only one caveat on Acrylic. If you're trying to use it for backlit, don't. Clearshield and backlit don't go well together.