• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oce Arizona Fixed drop size

D3D

Is it possible to constrain a Oce Arizona to only use a fixed drop size of 7pl? I know having varied drop sizes can in many circumstances be preferable but I have a test I would like to make if it can be done. Would you expect this to be a printer level adjustment or something in the RIP?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Yes you can, if you have onyx (not sure how to do it on other RIPS)

Well the easiest way is to print in HD mode. that's a fixed drop size at 6 or 7pl (the lowest)

You can manually configure the drop sizes in onyx but there's not enough density on 6pl at any other print speed.

• Agree
Reactions: D3D

ToTo

Professional Support
Also in caldera you can easily decide which dropsizes to be used. Océ has also a tool available to check the printfile for dropsizes used.

• Agree

chinaski

I've tested this in Caldera, but if you customize the droplets within an existing profile, it will not be accurate. If you only use 7pl droplet, the image will print extremely light.

You would need to make your own custom profile and max out the ink limit, to compensate for such small ink droplet and even then it may be too light and lacking contrast. Where limiting large droplets works well, is on porous materials, such as wood, but within limits.

One area where I use custom droplets is for white ink. I'd tested printing white swatch with 100% droplet #6 on express mode and nothing restores white printhead nozzles better. I could purge and status check many times or print a white swatch with largest droplets and the latter is more reliable to get all the nozzles firing.

Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 14.41.35.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 14.56.12.png

• Agree