• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

OK All you Wrappers.....

speedmedia

Looking at getting a new shop vehicle. This will be strictly for work and running errands for shop use. Will also use it for promotional events.

I am looking for input from all you wrappers as to what you think the ideal vehicle to wrap is...

Might be a loaded question but I am interested to see. To me it seems that many different styles of SUV's or Vans are the way to go...

How about you?

Thanks,
Kurt

Graphics.Atl

A hearse, I did some body work on one a couple weeks ago for a customer and EVERYONE stopped me to ask about it. I told my wife we should get one and wrap it.

speedmedia

A hearse, I did some body work on one a couple weeks ago for a customer and EVERYONE stopped me to ask about it. I told my wife we should get one and wrap it.

Oh man.... Not sure I would want to get one of those but I bet the interest factor would be way high!!! Damn good idea though.

Anyone ever seen Tony Stewart's hearse?

Thanks,
Kurt

kev3232

a used astro van. good size for hauling stuff around unlike an xb or hhr. easy to park in if you go downtown and lot's of real estate for graphics. plus they're pretty cheap if you can find one with low miles.
just my two cents.

kev

Jim Doggett

1/2 or 3/4 ton Van. Great hauling capasity, weather-protected. Often cheap in the 3-5 year used market. Large surface area for a giant moving ad for your company.

Letterbox Mike

I'd go with Kev3232's suggestion of a used Astro van, if you don't mind used. You can pick up a very nice clean one with low miles for a few thousand bucks at most, they're reliable and run forever, and they're perfect for wrapping. And as said, big enough to be useful, small enough to not be cumbersome.

I'm also a big fan of the Honda Element, kind of like a bigger xB. HHR's are too hard to wrap, the fender flares restrict the design poetntial somewhat imo.

speedmedia

I'd go with Kev3232's suggestion of a used Astro van, if you don't mind used. You can pick up a very nice clean one with low miles for a few thousand bucks at most, they're reliable and run forever, and they're perfect for wrapping. And as said, big enough to be useful, small enough to not be cumbersome.

I'm also a big fan of the Honda Element, kind of like a bigger xB. HHR's are too hard to wrap, the fender flares restrict the design poetntial somewhat imo.

That is sort of the route I was thinking is a van that size or like Jim suggested a full size. It seems like they have great amount of space for graphics as well as hauling. I personally like a pick up truck the best but they are limited by space for the actual graphics of the vehicle.

Thanks all for your suggestions, keep em coming!

Thanks,
Kurt

Letterbox Mike

I like pickups too, that's what we have, and it's nice, but there are alot of times you need to deliver some things out of the weather that are too big to fit in the cab. Right now we're weighing either adding an Element or an Astro van, the van is considerably cheaper ($3000 for a pristine one with 75k miles), and really will do alot more, but the Element is still pretty versatile and our sales girl can drive it around when it's not needed for jobs, but she wouldn't drive the van around. It's a toss up.

Jim Doggett

Ferrari :loveya:

The things I would do for a F430

No way. Too slow ...

430scuderia08.jpg

Way better ...
l_3f3a3871b6cd0fb5e4d28f96c2ce876d.jpg
0-60 in just over 2 seconds

:^)

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe Diaz

MMMMMMMMM Tasty!
If that doesn't say SPEED media, I don't know what will.

attachment.php

In all seriousness I also think an HHR (it has to be a panel though) would make a great errand run - shop truck. Gets better MPG then a large truck, but has way more storage than a car. Great for deliveries! And if it's a panel, it looks awesome wrapped. The fenders jut out quite a bit though which would make it tougher to wrap then a xb or something like that.

Attachments

• lamborghini_Estoque -Concept-Image-2009-a10-800.jpg
    lamborghini_Estoque -Concept-Image-2009-a10-800.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 104

peavey123

Ever see those mini trucks? There is a used car dealer that had 100's of them shipped in from Japan. Little 4 cyl. motors, I believe they are selling up here for around $9,000 CDN. with basically new motors. They don't come with a box but a lot of peopl ehave been making them with aluma-panel.

picture.php