• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oki c321dn problem printing on number plate reflective

Red/Black86

Hi everyone, I’m having some trouble printing on number plate reflective with my oki c321dn. As you can see from the video it starts off perfect but then goes horribly wrong. Can anyone shed some light on this and hopefully have a solution for me.

I’m using Corel draw 19 to design and send to print.

hopefully someone can help me.

cheers

Ken

Attachments

• 0724E710-D44B-44DC-966C-876B6615A9CD.jpeg
    0724E710-D44B-44DC-966C-876B6615A9CD.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 216

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
Good Morning- I am a Regional Sales Manager for OKI in the US for the Colorpainter Wide Format printers, so if something like this comes up, we have to send it through the dealer technicians before our in-house techs get involved. Have you been able to do that yet, or are you hoping to get an answer from the forum this weekend before reaching out to them Monday?

I don't know much about that product, but it appears that its a toner based printer. I have a few obvious questions, so please understand that I'm just trying to eliminate a few things... Did this suddenly start, or was it a progressive issue? Is the toner cartridge full/new? Have you tried a new toner cartridge? Has there been any change to the media that you're printing on recently? Have you tried wiping off the media with a light solvent (70% isopropyl alcohol) to get an residue that may be on there?

I am stabbing in the dark with those questions, I realize, but hoping to help you. Also, how old is the printer? Could it be a defective "toner heating unit" or what ever is used to bond the toner to the media?

Best of luck to you.