• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Old Inspire 1.6 on Windows 7?

Colin

I'm thinking on getting a new 'puter, and this of course means Windows 7. So I'm wondering about the following:

While originally designed for Windows 95/98 and not XP, I've had my very old (but beloved) ScanVec Inspire 1.6 running on XP with the HASP patch/fix, and it works great; so I'm wondering if it will work on Windows 7 in the "XP compatible" mode.

Any thoughts?

OldPaint

WILL NOT WORK on any OS above win 98!!!!! different architecture, and unless your running an older PCI only m/b, it will not find any video cards above a PCI. and NO USB/FIREWIRE either.

Colin

WILL NOT WORK on any OS above win 98!!!!! different architecture, and unless your running an older PCI only m/b, it will not find any video cards above a PCI. and NO USB/FIREWIRE either.

If you read my post OP, you'll see that I've successfully been running it on XP, as have many other people. My question is therfore, will it run in the "XP compatible" mode on Windows 7.