• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

onyx 12 cutcontour

jason91

Can someone tell me what im doing wrong in onyx with my cutcontour.. ive got my cutter set up, it will print the graphic with the crop marks around it.. But when i print it says i have no cut data? my vector software is coreldraw.. ive done everything from naming a spot color to cutcontour, then exporting it..... to using a hairline outline cutcontour (like you do with versaworks) spot color and exporting.. nothing seems to work at getting onyx to recognize the cut line

balstestrat

Problem Solver
You file is probably not correct. I don't think it matters but the line should be "CutContour".
You can check in Onyx quickset what prefixes it is looking for. Then you can double click on your job on the list and from the left there is "spot colours" or something like that where it shows all the detected spot colours. CutContour must be there on the list to work.

Precision

When you load the file in Onyx, the job editor screen should come up. Make sure you mark the correct cutter, then check the cutting by clicking the checkbook off and on. You should see the cutting in your "CutContour" color come on and off as you toggle that setting. No need to print if it doesn't change on and off here. If that happens it's your artwork cut contour is not setup correctly.

There are several YouTube videos that will show you how to do the cut contour correctly. It is a bit tricky, until you finally figure it out.
I hope this helps. Good luck!