• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx 12 Registration Marks

ikarasu

Good afternoon!

I just upgraded to onyx 12 about a week ago, before that I was on the outdated onyx 10. Everything works great, but I just had problems with 2 different cut files.

It'll read mark 1, mark 2, then when it goes to mark 3 it wont read it at all, no matter what... even if I do manual find. I found where to change the settings, and I increased the size of the marks... but that didn't seem to do anything.

I compared an onyx 12 print to onyx 10, and the lines on onyx 10 are way thicker. I'm going to presume it's the thin lines thats giving it a problem. I havent tried changing the mark sense on the graphtec yet, I was hoping there was a way to go back to the old onyx 10 mark style (Fat lines!), before I mess with the firmware on the graphtec.

I re-printed a file in onyx 10, and it worked perfectly, first try. So it has to be something with 12. Any ideas on increasing the thickness, or anything else besides mark sense?

ikarasu

Well... I changed the mark sense to higher, and now i can cut a file from onyx 12. Still a bit hesitant...hoping it wasn't a fluke. I'll test it on other media whenever I load it, make sure it can read/cut on every media before doing big jobs. Had to open onyx 10 to print 50 FT of cut material :( Was looking forward to doing a big run with 12!

77hippiechild

Well... I changed the mark sense to higher, and now i can cut a file from onyx 12. Still a bit hesitant...hoping it wasn't a fluke. I'll test it on other media whenever I load it, make sure it can read/cut on every media before doing big jobs. Had to open onyx 10 to print 50 FT of cut material :( Was looking forward to doing a big run with 12!
I need help from you if you have a minute to spare!! I run version 12 and I lost all of my settings when my computer went down. Now when I go to print the file so i cut use the cut contour it prints the marks up with just circles instead of the 3 or 4 half square marks I need for the Cutter to see where to cut. Can you help me out with the location of these settings. I can't even find where to change the thickness of the marks like you had to do above.