• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Onyx 19 Freezing on Startup

Goatshaver

Loaded up a few files I've printed before. I changed one to 120 copies, it's a 3" x 3" sticker, and it just got stuck on processing. I've restarted, cleared all the jobs from the work folder and it's still freezing. The console is stuck on Server Starting...

I'm dead in the water any help would be kindly appreciated.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Was going to suggest the work folder... You already checked that box though. :(

Goatshaver

Working again. Even though I cleared them from the Work folder, when I imported the file, it acted like there was a copy in there already and added ~1 to the name.
It's acting very strange, taking a lot of time to update when I change the copies on the file.

It may have been the last windows update perhaps. Gotta try some other files I used recently.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I'd say the -1 means it's not cleared out. Did you restart after deleting From the work folder?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Are you deleting from C:\ONYX19 or just deleting from the queue?

Best way is to completely shut down Onyx, browse to C:\ONYX19\Work\PrinterName and move all of those files elsewhere (or delete is 100% sure they aren't needed), then re-open Onyx. Weirdly I occasionally see the files back in there again even though the work folder is empty, but shutting down and re-starting Onyx one more time will flush out any memory of the files and things should hopefully be back to normal.

Goatshaver

Are you deleting from C:\ONYX19 or just deleting from the queue?

Best way is to completely shut down Onyx, browse to C:\ONYX19\Work\PrinterName and move all of those files elsewhere (or delete is 100% sure they aren't needed), then re-open Onyx. Weirdly I occasionally see the files back in there again even though the work folder is empty, but shutting down and re-starting Onyx one more time will flush out any memory of the files and things should hopefully be back to normal.
From the Work folder. I didn't restart initially, that's probably why I was getting the ~1 even though nothing was showing in the queue or in the Work folder.
Just not sure what caused it, I set this small file approx 3" x 3" to 120 copies and it took about 3mins for it to populate the sheet in Onyx. It's a file I've used at least 2 times previously so I'm kinda stumped why it happened. Other than it was just a random occurrence.

Seems to be running normally again now. Thanks y'all!