• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx 19 - Layouts

Goatshaver

Since I've gotten my roll-to-roll setup going now I'm wondering if it's possible to have Onyx layout stuff automatically to fill a certain area.
Say I've got some 11.5" x 9.5" pieces and some 10.5" x 9.38" pieces...I want to be able to toss it into the Rip telling it how many copies I need of each and have it break up the job into manageable sections instead of printing one barcode for 100 different pieces that will be 100"+ in length.

Hope fully that makes sense and might be possible. I just wan to be able to setup jobs click print and let it go even if they are different final sizes.

CanuckSigns

Yes you can. On the right side of the rip screen, there is an area where you can set your roll width, in that area you can set both width and length, we have a few set up for 4x8 sheets, 54" x 100" for contour cutting

Goatshaver

Yes you can. On the right side of the rip screen, there is an area where you can set your roll width, in that area you can set both width and length, we have a few set up for 4x8 sheets, 54" x 100" for contour cutting
That seems like what I'm doing now, but say if I have a bunch of stuff that will fit on a a 4' x 2' sheet and the next piece is larger and won't fit on that. I'm trying to see if there is a more automated way to have it break apart jobs into sheets of varying lengths.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Select bigger size sheet and set Area based start to 40% or something.

Really there is no better way in Onyx.

You can split the jobs yourself manually in batches and select print individually. Then select start printing automatically.