• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx and summa questions

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
So I’m still pretty new to summa/onyx/barcode server but recently I’ve had a few thoughts/questions I couldn’t figure out by just scanning around the menus.

We have a summa S class.

Firstly, when loading rolls of vinyl with the barcodes etc. The summa only ever seems to cut when I put a “9” code in, and not a “6”. How do I solve that? It worked initially but just randomly stopped working recently.

Secondly, with the rolls loaded, it cuts the whole load into the basket. In onyx cut server I’ve changed the default to “cut sheet” (or something similar, not at the machine just now) but basically I just need the summa to cut between each job, is this possible/how do I do it?

Thanks for any help!

FrankW

Why do you put a code in? The summa cutter should read the barcode itself and load the appropriate file. 6 or 9 is the number depending of the orientation of the cut job. What version of onyx do you use?

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
We’re running 18.5. As far as the barcodes go, that’s what we do, I put it in the summa, get it to find the barcode then it automatically cuts.

Now for the catch, one end of the sheet gets a 6 code, and one the 9 (so the summa knows which end is which). For us, the summa only cuts it when it’s the 9 end. That’s what’s so confusing.

If we put the 6 end in, I get an error code on the barcode server. (Will confirm the actual error code tomorrow - that may help)

Snydo

Contact Onyx Support...I had a similar issue, sorta, everything I cut via barcode would cut upside down but if I manually sent from cut-server it was fine. It took a couple days but they remoted in and dropped a couple files and deleted a couple files and all was well after that.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Yeah we’ve contacted the guys that sent the summa (as it seems a problem with that) and they said contact onyx so we’re looking into that.

Just in case anyone can help;

Summa cutter control says;

Barcode received: 616...

Sending file: 616...

Sending file failed.

But.. if we put in the code starting with 9 (the other end) it cuts fine. Which is why I think it’s a summa thing.