• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Onyx Cut file format and Graphtec Production Manager

Derrick Freese

Setting up a Graphtec FC9000-160 to cut files coming out of Onyx Cut Server with the Data Link. The problem is the file format is XPF, which apparently isn't readable by Graphtec's Production Manager?
I've look through all of the settings I can think of in Onyx to see if there's a file format setting and I haven't figured anything out.
We have a Summa cutter that runs PLT files we get out of Onyx, why wouldn't the Graphtec files also be PLT files? How do I get files that Production Manager will read and start with barcodes?

ikarasu

Any reason your trying to cut through onyx and with the graphtec production manager? I'm presuming youre running onyx 19+ since you have the FC9000 in it.

Onyx and CM4 dont play well together. Half the time if I have CM4 open... onyx wont cut, and if I have onyx open.. CM4 wont cut. So make sure CM4 / production manager is closed completely..

In production house cut server, hit the Settings gear icon next to the Fc9000 cutter.

i'm guessing its TCPIP? click setup and enter that info, there should be a test button.. make sure the test button works and connects properly, either VIA Network or usb.

Then theres a "enable roll server" button on that same page... click that.

Now so long as the FC9000 is configured to grab data from either LAN/USB... and cutting master is closed, when it reads the barcode it'll grab the data from onyx

Derrick Freese

Any reason your trying to cut through onyx and with the graphtec production manager? I'm presuming youre running onyx 19+ since you have the FC9000 in it.

Onyx and CM4 dont play well together. Half the time if I have CM4 open... onyx wont cut, and if I have onyx open.. CM4 wont cut. So make sure CM4 / production manager is closed completely..

In production house cut server, hit the Settings gear icon next to the Fc9000 cutter.

i'm guessing its TCPIP? click setup and enter that info, there should be a test button.. make sure the test button works and connects properly, either VIA Network or usb.

Then theres a "enable roll server" button on that same page... click that.

Now so long as the FC9000 is configured to grab data from either LAN/USB... and cutting master is closed, when it reads the barcode it'll grab the data from onyx

We're trying to cut through Onyx and Production Manager since that's how we have our Summa set up. I figured we'd be able to set it up in a similar way.
We're not using CM4. I have it set to Cut to Folder right now, and to Automatically Cut New Files so it will output the files for us. I'll switch it over to the USB Port Setting and see if I can cut a file through Onyx.

RaymondLoewy

Pretty fly for a Sign Guy
I have worked with several Graphtecs that require you to toggle the HPGL & GPGL setting (on the Graphtec) when going from cutting just vinyl with CM to doing cut-print with Onyx. I don't have to do this with the Summa I use now.

ikarasu

Glad it worked! I'm sure you'll run into many more annoyances along the way. I think Onyx rushed their Fc9000 support so its a bit glitchy.

We do a lot of signmaking thats just cut vinyl...so we use cutting master and illustrator to cut it. And cutting master seems to cause a conflict with onyx... It wont send to the cutter at all if onyx is open.

We're going to hook it up VIA usb and ethernet and have onyx using usb, and cutting master using ethernet... once I have time to play with it.