• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Onyx how to flip every other tile sent as separate jobs?

Tuanny

Hello sending my tiles as separate jobs in Onyx 19 but it doesn't rotate automatically anymore when i do that. Is there a way to do this without me manually rotating each one of them myself?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I've never been able to find that, so if someone knows please enlighten us. I do it manually. Oddly enough, I have a quick set I made years ago, that does it. But for the life of me I cannot find the setting and replicate it.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
We never print anything tiled, but I noticed this setting... maybe it'll help?

1628832786678.png

balstestrat

Problem Solver
If you send them as separate jobs you can't automatic flip them. That's how I think it goes even if you tick the flip box.
Why do you send them separately?

brdesign

If you are sending each panel as separate file you can set up two hot folders, one for the right side up panels and one for the 180 rotate. I think the flip every other file only works if you are creating the panels in onyx.

unclebun

The flipping every other tile only works if you send the entire graphic to Onyx and have it divide it up into tiles itself. You can control the width of the tiles and the amount of overlap.

If you're creating the tiles yourself, turn off "allow rotation" and then when you import the files, select 180 degrees rotation for every other tile.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
It's a "feature" of latex printers. They can't print a panel consistently from top to bottom, so you need to flip every 2nd file so they somewhat match during install :roflmao:
Do a search for "latex color shift" or "latex color consistency" for more info.
And yet most RIP have this option. For example Roland on it's proprietary Versaworks has tile flip function.

Latex may have it's own color issues but pretty much every printer that functions certain way suffers from this issue.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
We don't have a latex printer. I have periodically noticed a slight change in color From one side to the other on our ecosolvent printers. So I've made it a best practice rule to rotate every other panel for large wall wraps and wall paper.