• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx job not showing in printer queue HP R1000 Latex

MGB_LE

I’m filling in for my operator today.
I’m having a struggle with Onyx this morning. I have a file that is set up on the correct material in Onyx. It’s a window cling with an under flood of white. My white print heads are in, the machine is operational and onyx shows that the job material in the printer, material or substrate agree, and I have a “print now” button. When I hit the print now button it processes and then the job returns to the list of ripped jobs, but the job does not show up in the queue on my R 1000.
How can you help?

Attachments

• C9B3E5C0-3A4B-4814-AB95-5C1CA5C58C33.jpeg
    C9B3E5C0-3A4B-4814-AB95-5C1CA5C58C33.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 272
  • 931BFD4D-9970-468C-8435-E4E51A844D49.jpeg
    931BFD4D-9970-468C-8435-E4E51A844D49.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 127
  • 1AF610DF-6F5E-4E69-B678-3BF07A0D196C.jpeg
    1AF610DF-6F5E-4E69-B678-3BF07A0D196C.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 112
  • D72AEEFC-A164-43D2-8A02-5E84535D664E.jpeg
    D72AEEFC-A164-43D2-8A02-5E84535D664E.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 116

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Well um did you try to restart Onyx? Does he have some "minimum area fill" turned on? Change placement to "individual jobs"?

Anyway this is Onyx issue or connection between the two PCs. Printer has nothing to do with this problem.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
When I hit the print now button it processes and then the job returns to the list of ripped jobs, but the job does not show up in the queue on my R 1000.

Does it show errors beside the job? Are there any errors coming up on the console? Can Onyx see the printer if you click on info "i" button? Have you tried re-loading the file and/or trying a different file with same quickset?

Like balstestrat, mentioned, try cycling through placement options and/or rebooting Onyx, sometimes that magically fixes things.

We've been having lots of issues with Onyx lately, between it forgetting our Mimaki and causing our Roland to error out it's been a real pain.

MGB_LE

Thanks everyone for the quick input!
It seems to have been an HP issue instead? Someone said "I think you need to go to root (of the HP printer's PC) and then the Output folder. That should have folders listed that match the various print setting and material you have.
Find the folder that matches what you are printing and it should be in there."

Sure enough when I browsed the hard drive of the printer's PC, I found several copies of the job that Onyx was successfully submitting to the printer with no error message. For some reason the jobs weren't Appearing in the printer's Inbox, which is subdivided my material name. I submitted manually from the printer's hard drive and all was well from there.

I keep meaning to take a half day and let my operator critique my operation of the machine. I poked my head in and out of the multiple days of training at install. Clearly I learned just enough to be dangerous.

GC Decor

Super Printer
Onyx is Great Company for Support. Not sure what version of Onyx you have or if you have support but its well worth it for issues like this. We keep an Onyx go Subscription for this reason, Onyx was having some issues with our Colorado. Quick phone call they remoted in & corrected the issue, a few times even reinstalling Onyx (I think they fixed our issue in the last update). Might be a worthy investment if you have considerable down time each month.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Restart IPS and it should work again. Something wrong with Onyx sending the information to IPS that the job is ready etc. so it would add it on the list. It's using JMF for it.

MGB_LE

Onyx is Great Company for Support. Not sure what version of Onyx you have or if you have support but its well worth it for issues like this. We keep an Onyx go Subscription for this reason, Onyx was having some issues with our Colorado. Quick phone call they remoted in & corrected the issue, a few times even reinstalling Onyx (I think they fixed our issue in the last update). Might be a worthy investment if you have considerable down time each month.
I'm about to renew our service agreement and I'm on the fence about Advantage Silver vs Advantage Gold. I can't find much info on whether Onyx Hub is useful for the extra $300, or of the Silver level is enough. I think I've been on Silver previously.

ToTo

Professional Support
If you are going with onyx 22 pay attention that they have removed the pantone library and churned over to onyx own library…

ToTo

Professional Support
Right. But you can rename the pantone librafy from 21 installation and replace the onyx lib in 22

swan25

I’m filling in for my operator today.
I’m having a struggle with Onyx this morning. I have a file that is set up on the correct material in Onyx. It’s a window cling with an under flood of white. My white print heads are in, the machine is operational and onyx shows that the job material in the printer, material or substrate agree, and I have a “print now” button. When I hit the print now button it processes and then the job returns to the list of ripped jobs, but the job does not show up in the queue on my R 1000.
How can you help?
I am having the same issue with sandwich mode.