• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

onyx postershop help

tez06

Hi everyone, i am going to be upgrading to a latex printer soon and currently have a designjet 5500, so i downloaded the trial of onyx postershop to try find my way around the rip software, i normally send the print jobs to a program called qimage and that centres all my prints beautifully with say a 5mm bleed around the edges, trouble is when I try print them with onyx postershop I cant for the life in me get them to print with the same amount of bleed around the edges, what am i doing wrong any help much appreciated :)
btw the pic on the left is printed with qimage and the one on the right onyx postershop.

Attachments

• 20210617_164103.jpg
    20210617_164103.jpg
    878.7 KB · Views: 147

balstestrat

Problem Solver
So what is the issue here? Is the position wrong? Is the size wrong? Did you not put bleed and now you don't have it? How is the other edge?
That's also called margin not bleed.

Last edited:

tez06

So what is the issue here? Is the position wrong? Is the size wrong? Did you not put bleed and now you don't have it? How is the other edge?
That's also called margin not bleed.
Hi, the position seems wrong its like it crops the image, the other edge is the same as in the picture, i have tried adding bleed/no bleed but nothing seems to make any difference, i just don't understand why qimage prints them with the right amount of bleed around the edge but onyx wont, i have set media roll to 36"

balstestrat

Problem Solver
There is sometimes a built in safety margin limiter in the printer driver. One place where it sometimes exist is on top right, there can be a small cogwheel or info button that has printer related stuff.