• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Onyx Printing stopping at 9.5%

Anastasi55

Here's what's weird for my printing today... I'm going through my usual print setup, I create my artwork (in Illustrator) with both raster and vector logos that have been used a thousand times, lay out all of the various sizes for decals on one large sheet with CutContour lines, and SaveAs a high res PDF. I go through the motions in GamaPrint RIP-Queue: Open file, let it rip, go in the Properties so it's using the correct media profile, let it rip again, then Print. And then, the printing starts... and stops at 9.5% ... and sits there, for hours if I let it...

I've restarted a few times, re-saved the PDF, re-built the layout and re-saved the PDF, but this still happens...
Has anyone had this problem before?

Anastasi55

Ethernet... And I just printed posters on Friday - similar setup, both raster and vector graphics on a long sheet, no problem...

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Can you reboot any switches/routers in between the RIP machine and the printer and test again?
If you have a spare, maybe do a swap out and try that also.

unclebun

Test print something else. Just a 10"x20" rectangle or something. If that prints fine, then it's likely an error with the particular file you were trying to print.

Anastasi55

I tried the same posters that printed successfully last week - and that just was dropped from the queue. I know Onyx ran an autmatic upgrade, I wonder if I now need to download a bunch of updated media profiles as well...

Anastasi55

VICTORY!!! Between some help from Onyx finding there was indeed a communication error via TCP, and my internal IT guy doing a hard reboot on the Epson, we solved the problem... My Sales Manager is yelling at someone else now...

• Agree
Reactions: mim