• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx Thrive 19 suddenly bogged down

White Haus

Not a Newbie
All of a sudden Thrive is painfully slow............and I can't figure out why. No recent Windows updates, no changes to computer.

We're using it to print to 3 printers and send to 2 cutters and it's become painful to use, overnight.

Takes a full minute + to RIP/process any new file, and will take 30 seconds + to refresh when you select a cutter for the job.
Clicking on jobs in the queue or trying to changes settings will usually trigger the hourglass and "Not responding".

Anyone ever run into this? I'll try a clean re-install if I have to but would rather not.

Our queues were pretty full so I deleted 30GB worth of jobs in the "work" folder, and it made absolutely no difference.

Lots of room on both hard drives on the computer despite it being a few years old.

GC Decor

Super Printer
Did you clear just the Job Queues in Thrive ?? I think there is a separate folder in the main Onyx folder that holds job information as well that can be cleared.
When you RIP a Job you can Use Task Manager & Performance tab to check if your PC is having issues. Onyx can be demanding on older systems, High Memory usage is common.

ikarasu

Go into task manager when you're ripping, see if your HD is maxed, cpu is maxed, or ram is maxed - helps narrow down the problem

Last edited: