• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oracal 651 15" punched no more?

Elwood Kinder

We produce a TON of short term work and have used the stuff for years. We have heard lots of rumors for the reason, but the sad truth is we cannot find Oracal 651 in 15" punched ANYWHERE!!! All backordered rolls have been cancelled and Grimco has been way less than cooperative in finding us good alternatives. For a shop that is so deeply invested in GSP sprocket fed plotters and printers... this hurts!!! We heard at one time that this would only be temporary, and then also that this is a long term or permanent issue. Does anyone have any answers?

Jeff grossman

Living the dream
i'm seeing this more and more (not just oracal)

Estimated Arrival: 11-16 business days (Qty - 1)
We are experiencing longer than average lead times from our manufacturers due to the effects of COVID-19. This is impacting availability on certain products for our customers. We recommend utilizing our Live Chat feature to communicate with our sales staff and receive up-to-date lead time estimates on selected items. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to get back to normal operations soon.

Elwood Kinder

Yes, I get it as well. But we have several orders of Avery vinyl ordered as alternatives that have been backordered for 6-8 weeks! I can live with a couple of weeks but not months!

Elwood Kinder

We have tried both but the color palettes are very limited in both. I guess I was just mainly wondering if anyone has heard the true gospel concerning whether the Oracal will be back in production or home forever.

Ready

Ready To Go
We produce a TON of short term work and have used the stuff for years. We have heard lots of rumors for the reason, but the sad truth is we cannot find Oracal 651 in 15" punched ANYWHERE!!! All backordered rolls have been cancelled and Grimco has been way less than cooperative in finding us good alternatives. For a shop that is so deeply invested in GSP sprocket fed plotters and printers... this hurts!!! We heard at one time that this would only be temporary, and then also that this is a long term or permanent issue. Does anyone have any answers?
This may work for you. Contact this company in Kent, Ohio.... https://kapco.com/

Bob P.

Evan Gillette

I have had a metallic blue roll on order since march, about a month ago I had my supplier check with oracal and they said all 15" production has been suspended until further notice to try to keep the other production going...

Evan Gillette

Not just 651 either, I believe its affecting all of the cut vinyl lines including some 24". I would try finding all the small sign supply houses throughout the country and buy up what you can find. There are still plenty of small suppliers, some don't even have web stores.

Gaugeco Inc.

I am glad to see that we are not the only one with this problem. We have been purchasing 8300 series 15 inch punched material for 20+ years and our business actually depends on it; mostly because there is nothing out there like it on the market for the price. They told us the same thing about it being being temporary, what's the verdict.....? Should we look for alternatives to our Oracal???

Gaugeco Inc.

I just got off the phone with Sam from Oracal and he said they are just short staffed. That and the punching of the material is more complex and that it gets side lined. However, he did say that as of right now they make and produce stuff on an order basis and to plan on 5-8 weeks and you will still get your material and they are still producing punched Gerber material.

particleman

We're seeing stock issues with many of our punched films we use. I can tell you for certain though Oracal has had some quality issues with 651 lately. The latest lot has not been lifting from backing paper properly. I would look at 3M or Avery. Grimco's brightline line would also work.

Gaugeco Inc.

Yeah we don't use 651 anymore so I can't comment on quality issues but if we are tossing out alternatives I would look into Moncor brand, it is made by FDC but a Montroy exclusive brand and the price is right as well.

Last edited:

Product Support

Creative Thinker "Problem Solver"
Oracal 15" material has not been discontinued. We are working around the clock to get products on the shelf. I recommend checking with your distributor about dropshipping directly from our facility and placing an order. In that way as soon as the material is ready it will go to you. Distributors in your area can be found by following this link and entering your zip code. https://www.orafol.com/en/americas/contact/distributors

If you have any questions please feel free to direct message me.

Elwood Kinder

Oracal 15" material has not been discontinued. We are working around the clock to get products on the shelf. I recommend checking with your distributor about dropshipping directly from our facility and placing an order. In that way as soon as the material is ready it will go to you. Distributors in your area can be found by following this link and entering your zip code. https://www.orafol.com/en/americas/contact/distributors

If you have any questions please feel free to direct message me.
Wow, that is great to hear! Grimco has been saying all 15" punched Orafol products are on hold indefinitely and directing us to Avery and 3M. Most of those products are also being drop shipped from the manufacturers as well. I have been in the sign game for 30+ years and have never seen such a strain in getting product! Crazy times we are in! Thank you for the information!