• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Oracal 651 vinyl and transfer paper problem

Jamie Cook

What in Gods name is going on? I’m weeding my transfer paper! Is it the vinyl or transfer paper! I just got back into this but have done it millions of times and this never happened?

Attachments

• F309272D-96CA-4EB5-BCB8-EAEA6658D35C.jpeg
    F309272D-96CA-4EB5-BCB8-EAEA6658D35C.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 269
  • B18309EE-72B7-46E3-861D-BFA0EAFEB350.jpeg
    B18309EE-72B7-46E3-861D-BFA0EAFEB350.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 156

Stacey K

I like making signs
Your blade is set too deep, it's cutting the vinyl AND the paper. This happens to me sometimes if I forget to change the depth for cast/calendared. It sucks!

Jamie Cook

Your blade is set too deep, it's cutting the vinyl AND the paper. This happens to me sometimes if I forget to change the depth for cast/calendared. It sucks!
Now that makes sense! I just changed my blade so I’m hoping your right! Thank you so much!
Jamie

Stacey K

I like making signs
According to the photo the backing paper is sticking on the adhesive side of the vinyl. This is because you are cutting too deep into the vinyl and it's piercing the paper backing. I'll bet $100...set the depth to less and it will be fine.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 169

Jamie Cook

According to the photo the backing paper is sticking on the adhesive side of the vinyl. This is because you are cutting too deep into the vinyl and it's piercing the paper backing. I'll bet $100...set the depth to less and it will be fine.
Stacey your spot on ty! I went back and looked and I was wrong! I am cutting to deep! Ty to all of you for your response!