• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oracal 970RA 030 Dark Red

Gary1

Hello everyone. This Oracal 970RA Gloss 030 Dark Red is a very good match that the client accepted. I'm looking for 25-30 yards. I've called many places and no one has any stock, doesn't mean none is available.
I can buy from the US and Canada. Would anyone know if their vendor would be stocking this item, and if so, where can I buy this from. Thank you! Oracal is currently out.

Gary1

Both Orafol US and Orafol Canada are out. Expected availability time is mid to end of March. I wish there was a way to see online which distributor had this item in stock. It’s like looking for a needle in the haystack. Called Fellers, Metro Restyling, Grimco. Not looking good. And it’s a Red that ALL the other manufacturers don’t have. All other Reds are on the Orange side. This Dark Red is on the Burgundy side.

Superior_Adam

Most distributors are not stocking all of the colors as there would be too much inventory with all the lines and all the colors available. Most of them have the material shipped direct from vendor once ordered.

signheremd

Glantz is out as well. Problem is many people just have the manufacturer drop ship infrequently sold colors - So this does give you a chance to see who stocks what...

Gary1

Orafol replied and said, "
Hello Gary,

Thank you for your email. This product comes from our German facility; unfortunately, they are facing many of the same procurement situations we are in the states. We have orders with them for more products; however, I do not have a time frame. We are hoping to get the stock levels up as soon as possible.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
You could try Express Sign Products or Polymershapes, but it's likely that they would just pull from Oracal and will give you the same story. (Still might be worth a shot, though)

Gary1

You could try Express Sign Products or Polymershapes, but it's likely that they would just pull from Oracal and will give you the same story. (Still might be worth a shot, though)
Already Called Express Sign Products and no inventory also.

Gary1

I have another question. I just remembered that Arlon also has a wrapping cast film. I do not have any wrapping color swatches from them. If anyone who does have an Arlon wrapping color swatch and a Oracal 970RA color swatch, could you tell me if Arlon has a match to the Oracal 970RA 030 Dark Red? This is my last resort before going with another color at this point. Thank you in advance!

Patentagosse

I have another question. I just remembered that Arlon also has a wrapping cast film. I do not have any wrapping color swatches from them. If anyone who does have an Arlon wrapping color swatch and a Oracal 970RA color swatch, could you tell me if Arlon has a match to the Oracal 970RA 030 Dark Red? This is my last resort before going with another color at this point. Thank you in advance!
Arlon dropped this line about 10 years ago...

Patentagosse

I still have it but their reds were "special"... I mean matte, satin, pearlescent and candy apple red, nothing close of what you're looking for.

The only thing in the same neighborhood would be Oracal's Chili Red (371) which they have 25yds in stock in USA

Attachments

• IMG_2109 (1).JPG
    IMG_2109 (1).JPG
    468.9 KB · Views: 120

Patentagosse

Maybe Mactac? 'Don't have their color chart but may worth digging a li'l this way

You can also consider printing it (!) This is something I've done in the past because of the pandemic and all troubles related to getting stuff in time. On my wall I have a Pantone chart printed and it's a close match. You can certainly do it yourself or find a wholesale printer that could do it for you.

Attachments

• IMG_2110_1.jpg
    IMG_2110_1.jpg
    427.9 KB · Views: 90

Gary1

I still have it but their reds were "special"... I mean matte, satin, pearlescent and candy apple red, nothing close of what you're looking for.

The only thing in the same neighborhood would be Oracal's Chili Red (371) which they have 25yds in stock in USA
Ok thanks. I just ordered and received 20 yards of Chili Red for another job. I didn’t find them too close but I will check again. Thank you!