• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ouch!

Pat Whatley

Running invoices tonight and got to one for a construction company. They've been working on three different apartment complexes for the last few years and each time they finish a phase they order 6" Gemini letters from me.

Well, a couple of weeks ago they faxed over an order for 46 three digit numbers. Usually they want their letters in light bronze...this order said white. I called to double check that, they said they were going on brown panels and they wanted them to show up. I ordered them, they came in Monday, I was going to run the invoice so I could give it to them when they pick the numbers up tomorrow.

Well, looked at the fax and realized that it wasn't an order for apartment numbers...it was an order for 2" white vinyl numbers to number the power meters with.

Gonna take a long, long time for me to push these letters off on somebody, thankfully Gemini has a lifetime guarantee cause I'm gonna need it. :banghead::rolleyes:

Colin

Doh! And I get choked when I realize that I just typed a sentence with the CAPS Lock on and have to re-do it.

AUTO-FX

Dang, Pat!

Call Gemini and beg...
Or call some golf courses and see if they need hole number signs.
Or call a self storage place and see if they need unit numbers.
Hmmm...Lemme think some more...
Or you could spray these bronze and use 'em for the next order...

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Ouch is right, been there done that.
The only thing worse than an employee screwing up is an employee watching while the boss screws up.
Good luck with your white sale.

wayne k
guam usa

Border

Oh man, I can actually feel that cold sweaty clammy sick in the gut feeling you musta got the moment you realized what had happened.
I can easily picture myself doing the same! OUCH

Border

Try to sell some of 'em off as house addresses on Craigslist.

I'll take 3 6's for my oldest brother...seriously

Pat Whatley

May have a couple of people interested in them, we'll see.

If not I think I'm going to create a targeted direct mailer and send them out as samples.

or I may be giving some really odd Christmas gifts this year. Nothing says LOVE like 6" number 3..

Oh man, I can actually feel that cold sweaty clammy sick in the gut feeling you musta got the moment you realized what had happened. I can easily picture myself doing the same! OUCH
Yeah, that moment when the invoice dropped from $780 to $85 was not the highlight of my week. Funny thing is that it was immediate recognition. There wasn't a moment of "I didn't really do that, did I?". There was no fumbling through the work order to see if something was going to change. I pulled it out, took one quick look at it, and said "Dumbass" out loud.

visual800

Now that was the mistake of the year...YOU WIN! Im sure I can surpass this but lets hope its next year If I find place to need them Ill damn sure let you know

Mainframe

Gemini does have some kind of return rate, I had a customer order some for his building one time before he pulled the permit, well after he pulled it, they said the sign area was too big, so he had to reorder the signs, I called Gemini to return them and they offered 40% of what I paid (I think that is what it was but I could be off a little) anyway, he opted to keep them.

2 years later he called me to come and remove the signs, he didn't make it at that location.