• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Our new site went live today too.

letterman7

Looks great Dan! Have your webmaster spellcheck though... second page of "signs", the paragraph under the red truck has two glaring errors. In fact, your project pages also have errors. But the work itself is magnificent!

fmg

Outstanding Work you have there. Not over keen on the website layout but it does show your work and I suppose at the end of the day that is what counts!

10sacer

site

Amongst the many, many things I wish I could do (chief among these is grow my hair back...) - I really wish I could create dimensional projects like you show on your site. I agree with the earlier post - the site could suck because the work is really cool.

Job well done.

Sean

signmeup

I find it is very difficult to see a website as a customer would. I suspect that a website designer sees different things on a website than my typical customer (or me). I think a website designer might be more concerned with the technical/gee-whizz aspects of the site rather than the content. (I also suspect it would be pretty hard to make a living selling plain vanilla websites). What I want my customer to see is my work. I don't want a fancy, flashy site distracting them.

The few times I have sat with customers who were looking at my site were very informative. They were beyond stupid in their attempts to look at what I thought I had laid out in a logical fashion. I made lots of changes based on what I observed them doing. I also learned a lot by posting the site here.

Dan's site shows his amazing work very nicely. The site itself is merely a support structure to deliver the content. I think the long pages make a heck of a lot of sense.

It is attractive and legible and easy to navigate. What more could you ask for?

copythat

Wow!!!

Talk about pure talent and wizardry. Are you guys under the influence when you do these projects? I will like to be invited to see you operation.

speedmedia

The website is ok, but the work on the website is amazing like always! You really have a neat thing going there. I could look at that stuff all day. Even though I am a digital guy your work and creativity and imagination is just damn fun to look at, not to mention I love your shop and office!

I agree with Dan though. It isn't about how many hits I think as it is about how many quality hits you are getting. If you aren't looking for the work maybe it isn't as important. If someone is searching for something you do and you come up in line in front of everyone else that gives you a better chance of getting the potential project.

I too would love to see a little more of your personality and creativity in the site as you really could do something really neat with or without flash. If you are just wanting it to be a place to post your work it did the job.

Thanks,
Kurt

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I agree it needs more personality. but this seems to be the affliction or thematic designers websites.... they do dynamic work, and flat websites. The website does not have to upstage the work, but it should at least compliment it... oh well... by the way I have quite a few of these sites bookmarked. I have a great respect for these designers and companies thematic talents and all of them are quite accomplished in the field.

http://www.brcweb.com/
http://www.mmdesignworks.com/home.html
http://home.comcast.net/~dccreative/
http://www.landmarkusa.com/

signswi

SEO doesn't have to mean repetitive keywords--you'd benefit from really simple changes that are also just good, accessible html markup. Make sure your images have titles and alts, throw up a solid metadescription, tweak your robots, submit xml sitemaps, maybe put up a breadcrumb system to reinforce internal linking and increase UX. Just good concern for the UX and proper markup will have a large SEO benefit anyway, no need to go crazy worrying about keyword density on-page. Your content is so good that you shouldn't have any problem getting backlinks (off-site SEO) either, which is where I'd spend my time after cleaning up the markup and making sure the site is really crawl-able and submitted to every engine properly.