• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Out of state installs (what do you do?)

StarSign

Install question for those of you in a multi-state area. How do you handle your installs in the other states (not subbing out). Are you licensed in the other states, are there limitations to what you can/can't do as far as scope of work? This would be for more of the general interior/exterior signs, not electrical or monument. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

petepaz

our shop is in NJ and i work in NY and PA but never had any issues. my insurance covers my work regardless where it is and any legal issues you would be worried about i assume would handle with the town or city your are working in as you would in your home state. fortunately all my out of state work was interior or vehicle graphics, not anything requiring any permits or town/city involvement

Scotchbrite

No comment
We don't work across state line, but we do get a lot of requests. Our biggest reasons for not doing it is contractor licensing and we would have to get into the USDOT stuff on the trucks too. Plus we don't want to deal with the wind in Wyoming; we have enough in our own backyard lately.