• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Outdoor removeable and reusable

10sacer

Soooo, have a client who is a large regional carwash enterprise who wants to have removeable decals for when the equipment is out of order that will be temporary use outdoors, but also want them to not fall off and be reusable on multiple surface types.

Anyone have any ideas?

Dan360

I just got an email advertising Fixxons UniStick that might be worth looking into. Claims to be designed for pretty much this application

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
VHB required.....

JB

images.jpg

mkmie

Lost Soul
Talk them out of reuseable. I know the idot product was all the rage for a while but they need to keep it clean when it is not on whatever machinery that is out of order. Let's face it car washes are dirty. I would explain to them that having inexpensive non-lamed decals is the way to go. Slap it on, when the machine is fixed pull it off. When it breaks down again put on a nice new "sticker". Depending on quantity and size very economical. You use end rolls of whatever removable you have laying around. No need to lam its just for a few days. If they insist on reusable and the equipment is metal. Vehicle magnet. I think cheap decals are the way to go.

mkmie

Lost Soul
Talk them into magnets! Apply something like this to their non metallic machines, so that when the machine goes down, they just slap a magnet on it...
This is the only legit reusable panel set up. Every sort of adhesive will allow stuff to stick to it. Stuff that is stuck will degrade adhesive performance. Then their order of one will be 5x the cost on their order of 4 dozen or whatever.
I don't know your customer base but if I approached a car wash here with the cost of that product, 75 cents s/f my price, as just the base so they could then pay for a magnet to attach to it, they would spray me down with the power wash wand. I think there is a place for the Mag Receptive material. A car wash isn't one in my opinion. In my experience, people think reusable is cheaper. Unfortunately for the environment, cheap disposable is less expensive. And am going to buy a $350 roll of material for a few car wash decals? If I had it leftover from an office application, maybe I'd give it as a possibility. Buy it for this job. Nope.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Wire tags for the controls and an A frame sign to block the lane. Buy a pack of 500 red wire tags and trash them after every shutdown.